Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got my new kit on my prelude. i have a greddy pe ehaust and i just bought another one from a friend and i am going to midas tomorrow to get them both install. i have the black widow kit and the rear bumper has 2 exhaust ports so thats why am doing the dual setup just pretty much all for looks. anyways here is my question. how much u think they will charge me to do he custom pipeing so both exhaust are runnin together and installed. u guys know what i mean. i just want to know what i should expect for the price of the custom pipe job and install. i know some luders on here have dual setups so how much did it cost and how long u think it will take. is midas a good shop that are qualified to do the job. they claim they can so i guess we just have to see. i now they are a very known shop but do they have experience in this kinda thing. i mean pipes have to be custom cut and welded u know. please help me out and all opinions and comments are welcomed peace o yeah pics will be up soon once the wing and exhaust are finished tomrrow

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
That should look pretty cool. They will probably charge you $100-150 I am guessing. I could be off though.

------------------
95 Prelude VTEC

·
Registered
9,437 Posts

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by badmuthrfkr:
I'd be taking her to a nice italian restaurant because italian food is my favorite so even if the date goes sour, at least I got to eat something I love.</font>

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
it will probably take an hour or two to do + the cost of piping. i'm estimating ~ 200-300 depending on how much they want for those things listed above.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah it may be rice to u but i think it will look hella nice with my kit. why u flaimin all the time dreamin of girls in yer sig. u couldn't find a nicer lookin chick besides her. maybe its rice but u have bad taste in girls. i mean u could have chossen any girl to put in yer sig and u chose her. i chose to have a daul setup so i guess we are evn

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by prelude19:
yeah it may be rice to u but i think it will look hella nice with my kit. why u flaimin all the time dreamin of girls in yer sig. u couldn't find a nicer lookin chick besides her. maybe its rice but u have bad taste in girls. i mean u could have chossen any girl to put in yer sig and u chose her. i chose to have a daul setup so i guess we are evn</font>
good, bring it on my friend

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LuDeGirL1004:
wawawa</font>

·
Premium Member
4,329 Posts

------------------
Prelude forum moderator
Prelude FAQ
AIM: jmcn97
'97 Prelude Type-SH (stock)
-15.4 @ 90.8 (finally!
)

'96 Integra GS-R (R.I.P.)
jmcn.com

[This message has been edited by jmcn (edited May 02, 2001).]

·
Registered
906 Posts
I think this got a little off track somewhere- don't really see why peeps are getting steamed over this. I actually think that the dual exhaust looks cool as hell on the BW kit, but in a way it is also rice in the fact that it is purely for looks. Unless you had a HELLA turbo on there, it is not needed and probably hurts performance rather than help. But to each their own- good luck installing it- post some pics when done! And lets try to keep it civil in here(BTW, messing with a mod is not the brightest thing to do either)

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
Just do whatever you want man...it doesn't matter what others think..rice or not.. who cares..haha..I've always thought that dual exhaust makes you lose backpressure.

--Sam

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
it will look good if u got the kit and style to go with it. i think alot of us here (o0OO0o) r just overly sensative that whatever we do to our cars that is in the slightest way different from "everyone else" then it is automatically considered rice. DUAL EXHAUST IS NOT RICE unless u really think it gives u 2X the gain of 1 exhuast or it doesnt go well with anything on the car... i see lots of award winning cars in shows with dual exhuast... its a pretty common thing actually. imo

·
Banned
2,048 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Spocko:
I think this got a little off track somewhere- don't really see why peeps are getting steamed over this.</font>
Steamed? Well, how else do you eat your rice? :p

I don't really like the BW kit and I think dual exhausts are silly on an inline 4 (yes, I think the S2000 doesn't need one either), but if someone's building a show car... eh, fine. It's not like a lot of other cars don't have dual exhausts that don't belong there (Sunfire GTs, Grand Am GT, Accord V6 - yes, I know the last two are V6 but they use single pipes that split into two at the end.) And that's from the factory...

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by atlxchink:
When I try to picture o0OO0o as a moderator, the image of Beavis hacking away at the keyboard comes to mind </font>

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
everybody chill

i don't like dual exhausts, you do, everything is

no hard feelings anyone

------------------
wawawa</font>

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Spocko:
And lets try to keep it civil in here(BTW, messing with a mod is not the brightest thing to do either)</font>
well, it's not whether i'm a mod or not... i would post the same pic even if i'm just a regular member
it's just for fun man, don't take it too seriously ok?

------------------
wawawa</font>

·
User Account Disabled
5,736 Posts
Prelude 19-just remember that people are always afraid of what's different. i.e. -the Jamaican bobsled team....and we all know what happened there
Behold the notion

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
sup o0OO0o,
like i said in my last post no hard feelins. and to the guy who said that i would loose back presure. i don't think i would. i am only using 2.25" piping so even if i did lose any presure it would be very minimal and i wouldn't even feel a difference. anyways i think it will look good and the kit is the blac widow and is made to have a dual setup because of the fual ports in the rear bumper. i will post pics up when my boy gets back in town he has the digi. anyways i think it will look good but i also think i will get flaimed on my choice of spoiler heheheheh. here is a link to yellow lude he has the same kit and spoiler i have on my car what u guys think. he also has a dual setup like me. peace guys later o0OOO0o
http://hondaprelude.com/setups/setupsdsply.asp?id=9689&gen=5&orderby=last_updated
tell me what u think of the dual exhaust with the kit adn the spoiler and kit combo its the same as my car but my car is milano red

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
You know I still can't figure out what the problem everyone has with dual exhaust on a Prelude is?!?!?!? I always hear 4cyl shouldn't have dual exhaust and it doesn't help the car and probably hurts performance. However I never hear how anyone would LOVE to take a S2000 and change it to single exhaust or a Euro Accord Type R either. The ATR has our motor slightly more tuned and Honda seems to think it's OK so what's the big deal? It adds some symetery to the rear of the car, especially one that has two cutouts. Isn't having two cutouts and one tip a little lame???? And so what if it drops a few hp? Don't you think adding some big kit and heavy ass wheels slows you down as well? Sorry for the rant but I still dont get how come on the factory exhaust dual is OK for a 4cyl but aftermaket is "Rice"?

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by THATPRELUDEGUY:
You know I still can't figure out what the problem everyone has with dual exhaust on a Prelude is?!?!?!? I always hear 4cyl shouldn't have dual exhaust and it doesn't help the car and probably hurts performance. However I never hear how anyone would LOVE to take a S2000 and change it to single exhaust or a Euro Accord Type R either. The ATR has our motor slightly more tuned and Honda seems to think it's OK so what's the big deal? It adds some symetery to the rear of the car, especially one that has two cutouts. Isn't having two cutouts and one tip a little lame???? And so what if it drops a few hp? Don't you think adding some big kit and heavy ass wheels slows you down as well? Sorry for the rant but I still dont get how come on the factory exhaust dual is OK for a 4cyl but aftermaket is "Rice"? </font>
You know I'm not going to flame you but I thought I'd throw this in......at HIN there was a S2000 with only one exhaust oulet. Also, some people with the V6 Accord who are buying aftermarket exhausts are only buying single outlets and not buying the optional dual. I personally think the BW back end with the left cut-out filled in would look alright. But whatever.

------------------
AOL IM: Joon525

[email protected]Honda-Acura.net
Mugen front bumper and sides with a combat rear bumper for sale in NJ....talk to me personally. East coaster highly, HIGHLY preferred. Also now for sale Tanabe G Power Medalion for 280 and 18" Racing Hart TypeC5's (Price not decided yet)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts