Honda Prelude Online banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been thinking about this for a couple weeks now. If i was to take out the back seats, fuel tank, and Trunk lining. i think i would have enough room. I bet i could pull a 12 with no problem being N/A also.

Would i need two Tranny's also

------------------
"MTV is everything that is wrong with the world today"

2000 Honda Prelude
AIM Skaholic
email: [email protected]

[This message has been edited by skaholic (edited April 10, 2001).]

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
There was a VW a few years back that had that setup. Much easier with the air cooled VW since theirs no radiator to worry about. I doubt it made it any faster though since the total hp was probably about 150 and that's combined!

·
Registered
9,091 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by skaholic:
i've been thinking about this for a couple weeks now. If i was to take out the back seats, fuel tank, and Trunk lining. i think i would have enough room. I bet i could pull a 12 with no problem being N/A also.

Would i need two Tranny's also

</font>
Nah, you wouldn't need two trannies (hell, Tesla didn't need wires). You would need another car, though, since yours would probably never run again.

I believe this post would qualify as a waste of time.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
There is a Hyundai running a similar setup, but I think he also has a turbo on each. It is in SCC in the showdown segment they are having. It was a Hyundai so I wasn't paying too much attention. He bragged about how he won at the street races.

I was thinking about doing this on a go kart. Nowhere near as serious as what you are talking about doing.

You would definitely need 2 transmissions. I assume you are going to run AWD; one motor up front and one in the back. I would be worried about making sure each motor put down the same amount of power, otherwise you would be having a push/pull effect. I guess that wouldn't be too much of a problem considering AWD cars split the power differently.

I am also wondering if the extra weight would be worth the extra power. The Prelude motor isn't relatively that small. Do you think all this work would be worth 12 seconds when you can get 12 seconds NA with one motor?

I'm sorry if I sound like I'm trying to deter you. Good luck with whatever you end up with.

JP

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by THATPRELUDEGUY:
There was a VW a few years back that had that setup. Much easier with the air cooled VW since theirs no radiator to worry about. I doubt it made it any faster though since the total hp was probably about 150 and that's combined!</font>

here's a V-dub w/twin engine turbocharged...for all you boost junkies out there.

http://www.chicagovw.org/multimedia/dub.mpeg

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
That doesn't top the rear-engine, FWD '64 Ranchero idea I had in high school.

I love free posts.

------------------
My Mechanic

·
Registered
943 Posts
theres a twin VR6 engine powered Golf over in Europe. I think its even turbocharged, but it seriously hauls balls.

·
Registered
195 Posts
you would spend more time working on it, than running it.

the motors would have to be identical in every aspect.

too much work... and unrealistic unless you have more money than common sense.

·
SuperMod
7,962 Posts
Well, unless you have a serious amount of cash to blow... or you are a creative engineering genius... you can just buy one.
Oh wait, to buy one would still take a boatloads of $$$. Only it wouldn't be a Prelude

http://www.moslerauto.com/mosautoweb/html/twin_announce.htm
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
600hp from two (2) Northstar V8 engines
Roomy interior with 4-passenger luxury and comfort
0-60 in 4.5 seconds, 12.5 1/4 mile times and a top speed of 200mph
AWD traction and an automatic for real-world 0-60mph times of 4.5 seconds
Serviceable at most Cadillac dealerships - with 100,000miles between tune-ups
</font>

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.