Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wtf i thought that the lights would just die, not fade. should i replace or is there a wiring problem?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've got the same problem. The plastic was dirty and yellow so I sanded and buffed the plastic clean. That barely helped, as it's still very dim at ight. I remember my 4th gen lights being much brighter than my 5th gen now.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
strange. describe dim. do the headlights look kind of golden/amber in color instead of blinding white?

dim lights mean either a weak battery (ruled out) or improper current feed to the bulbs. the grounds may be poor on your cars wiring.

·
Registered
60 Posts
My lights are so dim, that when I'm driving in a semi lit area at night, I can't tell if they are on or not. I have to flash them on and off to be able to see any difference on the ground in front of my car.

So how would I check for bad grounds in the wiring?

·
Registered
190 Posts
maybe the the bulbs arent properly seated in the housing. move them around.. and also twist those adjusting gears around.. see if that does anything.. and go ahead and change the bulbs.. they r cheap anyways. but yah unplug and replug-in the bulbs first..

·
Registered
45 Posts
Changing the bulbs may be a good thing. Halogen bulbs will become dimmer over time. The cooling of the inert gas in halogen bulbs will cause a film to build up on the inside of the glass capsule. I'd say you replace the bulbs with better bulbs such as the Sylvania Cool Blue, SilverStar, or SilverStar Ultra. These bulbs are supposed to output more light than standard halogens, but with that there is a reduction in the life of the bulb.

I am running SilverStar bulbs in my headlights and they work out great. I also have SilverStar bulbs in my USDM Fog lights and I can see a vast difference compared to standard bulbs.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Changing the bulbs may be a good thing. Halogen bulbs will become dimmer over time. The cooling of the inert gas in halogen bulbs will cause a film to build up on the inside of the glass capsule. I'd say you replace the bulbs with better bulbs such as the Sylvania Cool Blue, SilverStar, or SilverStar Ultra. These bulbs are supposed to output more light than standard halogens, but with that there is a reduction in the life of the bulb.

I am running SilverStar bulbs in my headlights and they work out great. I also have SilverStar bulbs in my USDM Fog lights and I can see a vast difference compared to standard bulbs.
hey did you get those at walmart... how much were these..? always wanted to get them. and are they really white/blue-ish?

·
Registered
45 Posts
hey did you get those at walmart... how much were these..? always wanted to get them. and are they really white/blue-ish?
Autozone, Advance Auto Parts, or any other auto parts store should have these. The light output is closer to white. Keep in mind that that life of these bulbs can be shorter than standard bulbs. I have had these bulbs last anywhere from 1.5 years to as short as 6 months (used to have them in my Integra). They cost about $20 per bulb.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts