Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What brands are you using as replacement bulbs for the H1's. Some people like Koito, others use other bulbs. I am down to choosing between the Koito's and Hella Optilux Xenon.

Why did you pick the bulb you are using (price?, quality?, excellent light?) and has it made a substancial difference in night driving? I wish I could make up my mind.

------------------
1999 Honda Prelude Base 5-Speed. Crystal Blue Metallic.

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by imagepree:
philips replacement H1's... $6.99/ea.</font>
I will vouch for these as he was following me home from HIN last Saturday and I remember them being pretty bright.

------------------
AOL IM: Joon525

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Joon525 (edited April 11, 2001).]

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by EBP Lude:
I don't think u can get the HELLA optilux anymore! I would try those as I've heard some good things about them and they're cheap$$.</font>
There is a place here in London that has quite a few 2 packs, probably 10 or so. They are a little cheaper in price than the Koito's but then again, everything is negotiable.

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
Rogue,

Do u know if there's any place in Toronto/Scarborough area that has HELLA's?
Cuz I'll be traveling up to O'Canada this wknd anyway. It'll be nice to be rolling in some new bulbs!!!!

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have the Hellas, but I don't believe that they are the Optilux. Still really bright, and whiter then stock. If you are interested, I'll post the link of where I bought them from.

------------------
Life begins at 5,000RPM

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ferrd:
I have the Hellas, but I don't believe that they are the Optilux. Still really bright, and whiter then stock. If you are interested, I'll post the link of where I bought them from.

</font>
where is that link?

------------------

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by EBP Lude:
Rogue,

Do u know if there's any place in Toronto/Scarborough area that has HELLA's?
Cuz I'll be traveling up to O'Canada this wknd anyway. It'll be nice to be rolling in some new bulbs!!!!
</font>
If I can find a place, I will post it and let you know.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
hehe, i have magnum whites from raybrig. over a year & a half with no problems. cost $$90$$ though!

------------------
Resist, and you'll be overcome

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've been running Razo/Carmate Premium White H1's for 8 months and counting.. no problems whatsoever. They cost about 75 bucks per pair. I'm interested in seeing a side-by-side comparison between Koito/Piaa/Raybrig/Razo.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joon525:
I will vouch for these as he was following me home from HIN last Saturday and I remember them being pretty bright.

</font>
are these that much brighter than stock? And do they burn out as fast as the other aftermarket bulbs? I dont really feel like paying for headlights every 3 months :/

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.