Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
James, suggested the RPS stage 3(with the carbomite 6 puck disc) turbo clutch. Looks good to me, but it costs about $425 shipped plus I'd have to buy a new OEM throw-out bearing. I was looking on the GBC and I saw a GB for Clutchnet Clutches. They claim to be the makers of RPS. They have some kits for $300 shipped.

http://www.groupbuycenter.com/buy.asp?row_id=2301

Are these any good? He said that the stage 2 will hold about 300 or so HP to the fly(280 or so to the wheels). This isn't a whole lot better than my ACT HD PP/street disc combo that I have now(holds 275). The RPS stage 2 says it hold up to 600 HP using similar(or what seems to be) plates and discs. Need some help here on why there is such a drastic difference in holding tolerances if they are suppossed to be so similar. Also, what would you go for if you were me. I will run about 6-8 psi for now until I build my internals up, then run about 15 psi(that is, if Zdyne ever releases their ECU). [email protected]!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
spocko, i think the stage 3 rps with 6puck might be a little too much holding power for you now. you could go lower then that and when you do build your internals, you can upgrade the clutch then. who knows, it might be another year.

aftermarket clutches that have that much hold to them are a ***** to drive on the street. you get used it somewhat, but it's just a pain in the ass.

friend use to drive around with a stage 4 cm and boy was that a work out everytime in the car.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bgod:
friend use to drive around with a stage 4 cm and boy was that a work out everytime in the car.</font>
My Stage 3 CM drives great
Stage 3 is a great clutch to use for a two purpose car of race/daily driver. I would only consider a stage 4 if I had FI.

------------------
95 Prelude VTEC

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Heya,

i've heard good things about...

clutchmasters stage 3 (endyn speaks highly of it)

clutch specialties (a lot of the fi guys on honda-tech, hostboards run it)

and

clutchnet (i run this, its a good clutch, the other half of the import world uses these..hehe, makers of rps turbo clutches)

and then theres act.

Tim

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So what would be better, a RPS Stage 3 or a Clutchnet Stage 2?

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
take your pick...

my clutchnet is hard to engage smoothly into 1st gear...w/o motor mounts, it made my intercooler pipes clank around sometimes....

its not funf or daily driving....but it is still very drivable...

Tim

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Purelude- what clutchnet stage do you have 2 or 3?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts