Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I was removing an aftermarket alarm system I ran into a plug in which wires from the alarm was spliced into. The alarm wires were for door locks so I assume that is what the plug was for. I cannot see where the plug goes. The plug consist of a blue wire with a red line and a black wire with a white stripe. 97 prelude. Help would be appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Do you have pictures of the plug with the two wires? Based on your description, I would think that this plug would only be used if you have the OEM Honda Factory Alarm.. If you have a picture I can check my car and see if my Honda original alarm is connected to the plug you are describing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
here is a picture of the plug. Like I said the aftermarket alarm wires marked door locks was spiced onto the wires of this plug.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is the small white plug. The wires are a blue with a red stripe and a black wire with a white stripe.

·
Registered
77 Posts
It is meant for the Honda Factory alarm wire attachment, if your car came equipped with a factory alarm then that's one of the plugs that you would use to connect to. Since you don't have a factory alarm your plug can remain unplug, you don't need to plug it anywhere. Here is a picture from my car. The T-Tap connectors were used when my car had an aftermarket alarm to open the doors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you very much for your time and help. This the first time I used a forum and it probably won’t be my last. I can have a peace of mind now. Once again thank you brod preludesh

·
Registered
77 Posts
You are welcome Sorensic, glad I was able to help. I know it is a bitch to work in that tight space but it would be cool if you can reconnect the wires by soldering and putting heat shrink to protect it. That way you don't have exposed wires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts