Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question, does anyone's door lock levers vibrate and rattle like crazy as they're driving, say, over bumps, rough roads and stuff? Mine buzz like mad, and was wondering if it was a 'Lude thing, and what I could do to quiet them down. Also, how easy is it to gain access and change out the rear shock collars? I've read all the articles here on Preludeonline.com, but I just wanted your guys' opinions if I could do it in a day with minimal tools? Anyway, thanks guys.

·
Pimp Member
3,949 Posts
Mine don't do that...Take your door panel off and see if there's a screw loose or something

·
BB6'n till R34'n
6,084 Posts
5th gen?

I have the common headliner rattle from rough Louisiana roads.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Mine do, and I find that just locking the door fixes it. UNless it does it when it's locked too, in which case, I don't know what to say.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, 5th gen...

Yeah, they vibe even when they're locked....there's no screws loose or anything, it's just the levers rattling away. Just wondering if anyone was able to dismantle them and get some kind of bushing or something in them to make them stop. Anyone yet on the rear shock collars?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem with my levers. There was a simple and inexpensive fix for my problem. My neighbor is a mechanic and had some type of foam stripping (for lack of the actual technical term) with adhesive on the back side of it. I'd say it was probably an inch wide and 3/4 thick, roughly. I cut two small pieces (two inches in length, at most) and put two in each door, in what seemed like places that would not keep the levers from functioning, but would provide some form of dampening. So far it seems to work. Just did it last night, actually. I'll try and figure out what the stripping is called, but my guess is that any of the big B&M parts retailers would know what you're describing and have it on hand--if not something better or equally serviceable. It's cheap, too, according to my neighbor.

·
Pimp Member
3,949 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts