Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone changed one? I have everything taken apart, but I can't get the actuator and latch assembly that it's attached to out. There are two places were the latch assembly can un-attach itself from the outside handle, but it won't come off. I've been trying to get either off for maybe an hour or two.

Extremely pissed off right now!!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
I just replaced my passenger (right) side door actuator, WITHOUT removing the glass. The service manual says the glass and track need to be removed to remove the latch assembly, but it doesn't address the actuator.

If you unbolt the latch assembly, disconnect all the rods and unbolt the BOTTOM of the track, you can remove it.

I ended up drilling an additional access hole, but that was before I realized one could unbolt the bottom of the track and flex it(not bend) it far enough to reach a necessary screw.

This was a total PITA, but possibly less so than removing the glass.

The door is back together, but I will take pics at some point, if requested :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
That may help, but two things I noticed right of the bat:

1) You don't need an impact driver to remove the latch screws...I was able to do it with a screwdriver and mild effort. I've done this on other cars, and have NO idea what they're talking about. lol

2) I don't believe you can remove a Prelude window track, as they did. In the Prelude, it appears to run all the way up the door, and the glass would have to be removed to then remove the track.

Hence why I had to drill a whole to access the screw holding the actuator to the latch assembly bracket. It sucks to drill a hole in the car, but there are a mess of them there, anyway, and it gets covered up. As I noted, you MAY not have to drill a hole, if you loosen the track, but I didn't know that was an option until after I drilled the hole!

·
Registered
40 Posts
BUMP!!!

Someone PLEASE help me out with this...

I'm trying to remove the door handle rod, and I'm pretty sure it ain't happening anymore. The manual says to insert a "long flat blade" into the joint, and twist it; thereby separating the rod and the plastic piece. The problem is that the plastic piece is friggin plastic!... which resulted in this:

See how chewed up the plastic is? Is there any other way to remove that bar?... I NEED to have this done tonight... T-minus 10 hours left until I need to drive to work.... :(

·
( o.O )
2,802 Posts
when i took mine off my jeep i bought extra plastic clips so i could just break all the ones that were on there to get it out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts