Honda Prelude Online banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
i used #7 before and it found it hard to apply and extremely hard to buff it off. and i actually made a lot of scratches on my car because of that.. after that, no more #7 for me!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
ywwong said:
i used #7 before and it found it hard to apply and extremely hard to buff it off. and i actually made a lot of scratches on my car because of that.. after that, no more #7 for me!
yikes, more scratches? i can guarantee u that its not the product itself but more of what u applied it with. just some advice; next time dont press as hard and whip the towel around frequently to remove the polish build up it may have collected, as well as any other contaminants. hopefully next time u polish with somthing, it will turn out better

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
well, i just tried using it after having the bottle in my garage for like a week. well first of all it didnt smell, it just looked nasty. it wasnt hard to apply, let alone take off. and last of all it made my hood look clean with no oily feel like just like i like it, clean and smooth..

·
Registered
753 Posts
I tried it on one of my other cars and it dulled the paint, it was a red car and when I used it on the hood it made the hood a couple of shades lighter, don't know how but that was the end of that one for me!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hood?

For the record, I think the side fenders, door and rear are the most important parts of the car. Ditto for the rims and tires and side windows. I want others to see my lovely car and they usually will not see the front hood, roof, or the top surface of the rear trunk (especially with a spoiler.) They will see the front end from a side view mirror, so it's important to look clean in front, but whether you are passing or being passed it's the side profile and rear that will get the most scrutiny.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Kinda late.. but just wanted to concur with the observations on #7.. it's a pain to take off. I'll try out that #2.. thanks for the tip!

Meguiar's has been around for over a hundred years.. but doesn't mean they're the best. They just have a good marketing department! Lesser known brands, like Zymol (I'm sure you have heard of this), or Klasse (from Germany), AutoGlym (they provide stuff to the British royal family's cars) are incredible.

As for after you polish... Meguiar's waxes are natural carnauba.. they give a deeper shine, but in a about 30 days under the summer sun, only 50% of the wax will be left. Synthetic waxes like Klasse All-in-One gives a comparable shine, but gives you protection up to 6-9 months.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Meguiars 7 is the balls! It is certainly better than Mothers glaze. Talk about a marketing-driven company!

Thing is, I don't feel like polishing/waxing my car anymore because half of it's been repainted because people keep running in to me. :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Direct related information in your subjects of curiosity

I literally just created a new account right now, just to respond to this thread.!! lol
I just read a thread by Mike Phillips, who claims to be an expert on classic vehicle restoration. Dude F'ed my whole world up. I believe his claims so help spread the info! tired of seeing all the people F up their Hondas just trying to restore it.

Here's the link!

The Secret to Removing Oxidation and Restoring a Show Car Finish to Antique Single Stage Paints - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum

21 - 29 of 29 Posts