Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just bought my first 99 Prelude Type SH. I have read that they have lights on the doors but mine just have one on the driver side, I was wondering if the previous owner just used a base model door panel for the passenger side for some reason or if this is normal? Also I found a second lamp plastic cover in the car and a loose plug which makes me think what I said above.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yep it has it on both sides. You can take out the Base model door cover and cut a hole in it that way you don't go out trying to buy one with the precut hole in it and spend extra money you don't need to. I did this for my car. The door cover has a predetermined outline of where the hole should be. All you would need is to buy the light housing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yep it has it on both sides. You can take out the Base model door cover and cut a hole in it that way you don't go out trying to buy one with the precut hole in it and spend extra money you don't need to. I did this for my car. The door cover has a predetermined outline of where the hole should be. All you would need is to buy the light housing.
Very helpful to know that there are already predetermined outlines because I was about to look for SH door panels! Do you have any wiring instructions?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Very helpful to know that there are already predetermined outlines because I was about to look for SH door panels! Do you have any wiring instructions?
Is your car an SH model? If it is then you don't need wiring instructions, the SH models have the plug already there. If you have the Base model it is more complicated to do because you have to run wires to the doors.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is your car an SH model? If it is then you don't need wiring instructions, the SH models have the plug already there. If you have the Base model it is more complicated to do because you have to run wires to the doors.
I have a base. I figured I'd have to run wires and tap into the dome light so it syncs with door opening/closing?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'd connect to each respective side the electrical door switch that let's you know when the door is open, it is protected by a rubber piece. See picture below. If you do the dome light you will end up turning both driver and passenger door lights.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Here's a picture of the 1997 Electrical Troubleshooting Manual page 114. The door switch when the door is open grounds the WHT/BLU cable to create a closed circuit. Check your driver door electrical connector C430 [25 pin locations], the WHT/BLU is in pin 10 and the male GRN/ORN female GRN is in pin 23. Pins read 1 From top left to 25 bottom right (Top [1] row is 1, 2, 3, 4, 5) (Bottom [5] row is 21, 22, 23, 24, 25).

For the passenger door check electrical connector C464 [25 pin locations], the WHT/BLU is in pin 2 and the and the male GRN femaile GRN/ORN is in pin 21. Pins read 1 From top left to 25 bottom right (Top [1] row is 1, 2, 3, 4, 5) (Bottom [5] row is 21, 22, 23, 24, 25).

20200623_140627.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts