Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to get a basic idea of what you guys think..I am looking for strut bars for my 92 si pretty much upper front struts and lower rear and upper rear struts bars ..I have seen a whole bunch of them on ebay I know they are not newspeed or dc sports ..but does it really matter or they all do the same thing that they are suppose to do ..or is just the name we are buying pretty much .give me some advise please ..would you guys spend the extra money or go with some no name brand instead ?? :confused:

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
I would at least get middle of the road strut bars instead of a super cheap mostly due to fitament issues. I go for looks so I own Dc Sports and Nuespeed bars. I think I noticed a little difference in stiffness but not anything to knock your socks off. I have also read that you need to lift your car off the ground when installing for more benefit. (which I did not do)

·
Registered
63 Posts
If you're going to get a strut bar the one piece Neuspeeds are the only one to go. The types with pivots like DC's & others don't do much, but the Neuspeed's provide a noticeable difference.

·
449 Posts
you will find that most everyone here will swear by the neuspeed upper front strut bars. add me to that list.

now that i have vtec, i'm looking to buy a neuspeed strut bar for the vtec model. ebay ones are easily bendable, and people say that DC ones are very similar to the ebay models.

not sure is Spoon makes any for 4th gens, but those are probably way to expensive and rare to find.

fork out the cash for the neuspeed, best bang for the buck. should be around 100 bucks for the black one. don't know if po user cementups is still selling them or not.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thankyou for everyones comment ...I will look in to the neuspeed for sure ..just need some advise thanks allot guys
:bigthumb:

·
449 Posts
jinusean said:
I can say that my Eibach strut bar feels a bit on the good side. I rock one of those and it does what its suppose to do.

http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2982508

Here is a link to someone selling them from his 4th gen prelude. $90 is a good price, I'd jump on it as well if I was in the ballpark looking for this piece.

thanks for that link! hehe... i bought the neuspeed one :p

·
Premium Member
1,354 Posts
ide wanna get the neuspeed sway bars but they are pretty damn expensive. but i heard sway bars help a lot. i think the rear sway bar is $400 by itself, right?

·
Banned
1,239 Posts
MidNiteMysT said:
ide wanna get the neuspeed sway bars but they are pretty damn expensive. but i heard sway bars help a lot. i think the rear sway bar is $400 by itself, right?
Not quite that expensive.

Honda 92-01 Prelude (Exc. 4 Wheels Steering) Suspension Techniques Anti-Sway Bar (Rear, Part#51170)
$153.18

Or...

Progress Sport Anti-Roll Bar
$209.25
From: http://www.coximports.com/store/product/itemdesc.asp?ic=PRG-62.1022

The progress bar is thicker than the S/T one, making it more effective. Both are a huge improvement over the stock unit.

With the progress bar, you should also upgrade your endlinks. The progress rear swaybar endlinks are poorly made. Fortunately you don't have to mess with them since they are sold seperately. You can make your own endlinks or buy them from board members online.

Or just get the suspenion techniques bar and be done with it.

The thing about strutbars, is that it's 95% mental. They really don't impact driving very much at all. They help on other suspension types, but with our double wishbone setup, the is not much benefit at all.

A rear swaybar limits and reduces body roll creating greatly improved handling characteristics and oversteering ability.

The reason I don't recommend upgrading your front swaybar at the same time is because when you add a bigger front bar like that to the prelude you create a tendency for more understeer. Some people like both front and rear and that's fine. I like just upgrading the rear so I can dorifto. (jk)

This concludes my rant.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
well.....i have a front strut bar made by megan racing. i got it for like $20 on ebay - i noticed a difference with it. then.....i got a rear strut bar made by megan racing....piece of junk - didnt notice anything but when i am getting out of my driveway i dont hear the car flexing as much

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
on the front i noticed tighter steering for one. it just felt tighter and more precise (i guess you could say) it felt like it turned THEN and it didnt hesitate like it did before if that makes sense.

·
Premium Member
1,354 Posts
Paul H22 said:
Not quite that expensive.

Honda 92-01 Prelude (Exc. 4 Wheels Steering) Suspension Techniques Anti-Sway Bar (Rear, Part#51170)
$153.18

Or...

Progress Sport Anti-Roll Bar
$209.25
From: http://www.coximports.com/store/product/itemdesc.asp?ic=PRG-62.1022

The progress bar is thicker than the S/T one, making it more effective. Both are a huge improvement over the stock unit.

With the progress bar, you should also upgrade your endlinks. The progress rear swaybar endlinks are poorly made. Fortunately you don't have to mess with them since they are sold seperately. You can make your own endlinks or buy them from board members online.

Or just get the suspenion techniques bar and be done with it.

The thing about strutbars, is that it's 95% mental. They really don't impact driving very much at all. They help on other suspension types, but with our double wishbone setup, the is not much benefit at all.

A rear swaybar limits and reduces body roll creating greatly improved handling characteristics and oversteering ability.

The reason I don't recommend upgrading your front swaybar at the same time is because when you add a bigger front bar like that to the prelude you create a tendency for more understeer. Some people like both front and rear and that's fine. I like just upgrading the rear so I can dorifto. (jk)

This concludes my rant.
http://store.yahoo.com/hopup1/nefr25re25an.html

i was referring to the rear neuspeed sway bar. that thing is pretty expensive still.

is it hard to install a sway bar? i might thing about getting these. you dont have to drill any holes with the ST or Pro sway bars right? it just fits into stock locations.

and if i get the pro sway bar, which you recommend, where can i get good endlinks for it? i remember energy suspension made some bushings.

there is also tanabe which is 25.4mm and progress is 27mm and neuspeed is 25mm. how big are the other ones?

so youre saying you shouldnt replace both front and rear sway bars at the same time. just replacing the rear is better?

·
Old School
1,086 Posts
^^ depends on how you want the car to handle... if you'd like more oversteer, then go ahead and keep the stock front and install the rear... if you want the entire car to be stiffer, upgrade both of them... the car should turn in about the same then, just be a bit more stable...

·
Banned
1,239 Posts
i was referring to the rear neuspeed sway bar. that thing is pretty expensive still.
The neuspeed is nice but it's not adjustable. I prefer Progress.

is it hard to install a sway bar? i might thing about getting these. you dont have to drill any holes with the ST or Pro sway bars right?
Not hard. Few bolts. There are guides out there.

and if i get the pro sway bar, which you recommend, where can i get good endlinks for it?
Billy, 71DSP or search on how to make them on this board.

there is also tanabe which is 25.4mm and progress is 27mm and neuspeed is 25mm. how big are the other ones?
I think neuspeed is slightly smaller than progress, but since it's non-adjustable so, in my opinion, not as good. Plus at ~$349.00, it's super exspensive and overpriced.

so youre saying you shouldnt replace both front and rear sway bars at the same time. just replacing the rear is better?
Well, it comes down to preference. I like the feel of just upgrading the rear swaybar only. Plus it cost less.

Other's like the stability or feel of upgraded front and rear swaybars.

There are other factors to take into account such as spring stiffness which also affects sway, or body roll. If you have really stiff front springs, you don't really need a stiffer front bar. If you have really really stiff springs, like 700 lbs+, road racing caliber stuff, some people opt not to run a front swaybar at all. Other's just run the stock front bar with super stiff springs.

If you get the adjustable progress or suspension techniques bar and find that it's too much for you even on the least stiff setting, which is unlikely, you could opt to then add a upgraded front swaybar later.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Count me in as another Neuspeed strut bar fan. The braced one piece bar is definitely stronger than the ring-end type that twists under stress.

I didn't think I would notice that much of a difference, but knew it would be of benefit to me, but I was surprised when I took it out the first time on a curvy road near me, and it was a definite improvement.

Kris

1 - 20 of 26 Posts