Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about get this for my 5th Gen.. is it worth it? Any advice guys???

Thanks,

Keith

G

·
Probably not worth it unless you have extensive mods. I am thinking about using one for my engine build up, but I will also be running larger injectors than stock.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Super Moderator
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So far, I have DC Sports CC headers, AEM CAI and Power Pulleys, and Apex'i Cat Back Exhaust. I don't have plans to run and super charger, turbo or NOS... what next? How is the MSD Ignition Kit?

G

·
I never tried an MSD on my car before the tear down, but I will be using a 6AL or 6HVC on it once the engine is done. I have never heard anything bad about MSD ignitions, though.

------------------
Billy
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
697 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">So far, I have DC Sports CC headers, AEM CAI and Power Pulleys, and Apex'i Cat Back Exhaust. I don't have plans to run and super charger, turbo or NOS... what next? How is the MSD Ignition Kit?</font>
I'm using MSD 6A+SS Coil, I have the similar setup as you, but I will be running turbo soon. I could not tell if there's any improvement, and it's not that reliable. I'm running on the 3rd coil now, the first 2 were blaster 3 coil, the 1st one lasted for about 3 months, the 2nd one lasted less than a month. I ended up getting a SS Coil, no problem so far.
The MSD ignition is not worth the money unless you are planning to heavily modify your engine. Prelude's stock ignition is good enough. Save the money and get something else.

------------------
-- No Tune, No Life --
Michael Li
-- 1997 Prelude 5spd--

[This message has been edited by mike2016 (edited May 04, 2001).]

G

·
Yeah, Hondas have quite a bit of vibration, so the heavy vibration blaster coil, ss coil, or HVC coil is recommended.

I have never heard of the ignition itself failing, though.

------------------
Billy
www.ntpog.org

1 - 6 of 6 Posts