1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heehee,

modding your car is like modding your computer (for all you geeks out there):

-when you drop in a JRSC or FMAX, its like overclocking your CPU
-when you install better spark plugs and wires and ignition system, its like installing a faster SCSI/IDE (ATA100) controller for your harddisks
-when you get an intercooler for your prelude, its like putting on a peltier element or watercooler for your cpu
-when you get a wingswest bodykit for your lude, its like painting your case black with "linux" penguin on it hahaha
-when you get an aem CAI to increase intake air flow, its like the ATX form factor specs to blow air INwards from the case fan, and getting a huge AC fan to do that
-when you install an aftermarket 3" exhaust, its like adding more exhaust fans in the back of the computer and power supply.
-when you increase your rev limit, its like going from a 7000rpm harddisk to a 10000rpm disk!!
-when you reset your ECU, its sorta like flashing your bios.

anyway

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I agree. Looking back on it, I've noticed that modding my computer when I was younger was just a precursor for the modifications that I was going to do on my prelude!

------------------

'98 White Prelude
Neuspeed Race Springs
Koni Adj Shocks
Neuspeed Front Strut Bar
Removed Resonator
DC Sports Ceramic Headers
Rear ST Sway Bar
JRSC sitting on garage floor
Trying to sell my 17" SSR's

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yeah, my boss says that to me all the time.

He's a complete gamer and is always looking into trying to make his machine faster and more efficient, and I'm into my car doing the same things. That's where we find common ground!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.