1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
YES

G

·
Yes - it's D6 on the 5Gen ECU.

What the **** are you doing? Are you installing a turbo on a car without a Helm's manual? If you are, you're ****ing crazy.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Banned
2,048 Posts
Speaking of turbos - not that I'm getting one - but you use a FPR to increase the amount of fuel delivered by the injectors. OK, that's fine and dandy. But how do you know what to set the fuel pressure to?

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by atlxchink:
When I try to picture o0OO0o as a moderator, the image of Beavis hacking away at the keyboard comes to mind </font>

G

·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by spite:
Speaking of turbos - not that I'm getting one - but you use a FPR to increase the amount of fuel delivered by the injectors. OK, that's fine and dandy. But how do you know what to set the fuel pressure to?
</font>
You have to set it on a dyno. It also depends on the injectors as well.

------------------
Billy
www.ntpog.org

·
Banned
2,048 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 71dsp:
You have to set it on a dyno. It also depends on the injectors as well.

</font>
Right... so... the leaner, the more power, up to a point. After that, the more your engine sounds like an alarm clock? :p

Hmph, there must be an easier way to get fuel set up on a turbo system.

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by atlxchink:
When I try to picture o0OO0o as a moderator, the image of Beavis hacking away at the keyboard comes to mind </font>

G

·
Yeah, keep playing with it until your engine detonates, then richen the mixture. If you go through the trouble of installing FI on a non-FI engine, you might as well do it the right way, and monitor the AF ratio on a dyno. Besides, most boosted engines will make max power at 12:1 to 13:1 AF ratios, far from lean.

------------------
Billy
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by spite:
Right... so... the leaner, the more power, up to a point. After that, the more your engine sounds like an alarm clock? :p

Hmph, there must be an easier way to get fuel set up on a turbo system.

</font>
too rich and you'll losepower. if these things were easy to tune then we'd all be running around in turbo's and sc's.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Actually, I'm not using a FPR, so to speak, but rather a fixed 12:1 rrr(rising rate regulator) AKA vortech fmu. But not like I am using it NOW...long story, more like nitemare

1 - 9 of 9 Posts