Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
.:..::Totes Magotes::..:.
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive noticed lately that my stainless steel lines in the engine bay have been vibrating against the firewall and other parts when I am stopped at lights and when I am shifting or getting off the gas, basically whenever there is a vibration in the engine bay.

Does anyone have this problem? And can you think of a way to solve it? It just started recently. :(

·
Registered
748 Posts
A good way is to get corrugated plastic covers to not only conceal the lines, but protect them. Excessive vibration can cause wear and eventuallly rupture the lines. You can also use spiral wrap... cheap and inexpensive ways to take care of the noise and prevent damage.
Good Luck

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Also, if you have any lines going through the firewall, make sure you put a rubber grommet in place. That should help with vibrations as well

·
.:..::Totes Magotes::..:.
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
where can i pick up a rubber grommet to fit a custom hole? cause i def think that is where some of the noise is coming from .

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
I have all my SS lines covered in wire loom. It is a lot more discreet and will help protect them quite a bit. Go to a local electronics shop (stay away from chains) and you can pick it up cheap. I wrapped all my SS lines for around $4 worth of loom.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
you can get the grommets at Home Depot. They come in multiple sizes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts