Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
www.ntpog.org
7,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do i really need a champer kit? i was going to lower my car about 1.7" with koni yellows and eibach prokit springs.

So what if i just did an alinment would that be ok? instead of a chamber kit? cuz those chamber kits are expensive.

------
94 lude VTEC

[This message has been edited by prelude2005 (edited April 05, 2001).]

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
you don't REALLY need a camber kit.. your just going to wear your tires unevenly and lot faster.. if you can live with that then don't get one.

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.bjunkyard.com" TARGET=_blank>

</A>

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
I have GC coil overs. My rear camber is a sum*****. Totally screwed up. Its ate through my stockies VERY FAST. Ive already bought 2 new tires while waiting on my TE's, lets hope i dont have to buy two more!! I just raised the back like .5 incha couple days ago, hope this helps. I thought there werent any good camber kits out for us.

------------------

(.Y.)
www.importheart.com
I got these Jammies.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Well, chamber kits are very handy on pipes especially when you want to resonate the budd a little for a little extra oomph

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
well you really dont need one with prokits. I used to have prokits on mine and it was fine. the camber doesnt get out of spec. But if you go lower...you will need one. I have sportlines now and i needed a camber kit.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I use to roll around without a camber kit....big mistake. I use to go through tires so fast....I thought camber kits were over priced so I never got them. Then I got an alignment and my tires lasted 2 months longer. I finally got the camber kit, got an alignment and I'm going on 2 years with these tires and they're still good. BTW....I roll around with a 3-3.25 inch drop. I'd say its worth it. I save a lot more money on tires.

------------------
Ron
www.teamjetspeed.com

·
Registered
666 Posts
there is a groupbuy for the ingalls camber kits. its 130 for the rears and about 160 something for the fronts...

im thinking about the rear camber kits but not sure yet.

------------------
98 FBP Prelude SS
AEM Intake
Eibach Pro-kit
Koni Yellows
Neuspeed Strut Bar
32 Tint all around

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Well, chamber kits are very handy on pipes especially when you want to resonate the budd a little for a little extra oomph

;D

Bwahahaha

·
SuperMod
7,962 Posts
Can you guys tell me where I can get a chomper kit for cheap?

And AccordSiR, you've got a nice looking car there. What color is that?

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lude Brotha:
If I were to put a set of 17 or 18's on my car without lowering it right now, would I need a camber kit?</font>
Is this a serious question?

No you don't.

·
Registered
227 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by pter:
Can you guys tell me where I can get a chomper kit for cheap?

And AccordSiR, you've got a nice looking car there. What color is that?
</font>
haha...I chose that color cause it matched my ex-girlfriend's nail polish. I don't remember where I got the color from but its a factory color and I believe it was caled Autumnwood Pearl Metallic.

------------------
"DOHC VTEC 4 LIFE...ONCE YOU SWITCH OVER, YOU WONT GO BACK"
www.teamjetspeed.com

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by prelude2005:
so whats better chamber kit or do alignment?</font>
First of all it's called CAMBER not CHAMBER.

Neither is better than the other.
Typically you go get an alignment done. The results will tell you if you need to fix your camber, if so then you go buy a camber kit. If everything's OK then you don't need to buy the camber kit.

------------------
AOL IM: Joon525

[email protected]

·
SuperMod
7,962 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by AccordSiR:

haha...I chose that color cause it matched my ex-girlfriend's nail polish. I don't remember where I got the color from but its a factory color and I believe it was caled Autumnwood Pearl Metallic.
</font>
Man, where in the N. Cal area are you? I'd like to see that color in real life sometime. And you say that's a factory color? Honda?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts