Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
JOE D.
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
he sold me suspension a while back ago. just this weekend i tried to install them and they were blown. :mad:

just a heads up. do not do not do business with him!

·
Pimp Member
3,949 Posts
that's messed up. Did you file a claim?

·
Registered
190 Posts
how do u file a claim? i bought a power steering pump from some guy here i forgot his ID... bluelude or something like that.. its in terrible shape. leaking/ grinding... :(

·
Pimp Member
3,949 Posts
if you paid through paypal, scroll down the page on the payment you sent, and you'll see a button for resolution center then go from there

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
fyi, claims don't really do anything unless you purchased something through an ebay auction.

·
Registered
190 Posts
well I payed him through paypal.. but didnt buy through an ebay auction..
w/e i don care anymore. my prelude sucks

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
i still havent recieved my items form a member on SCP. I already fillied a complaint with paypal, and the rep stated that the only way they recover the funds if the seller willing to refund the amt or if the seller has some $$ in the paypal acct. It was a lesson to learn process for me. Hope everything goes well with your next transaction.

·
BB6'n till R34'n
6,093 Posts
fyi, claims don't really do anything unless you purchased something through an ebay auction.
Not true, I have had paypal honor 2 claims outside of egay.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Paypal purchase

i have gotten my money back from sales that weren't done through ebay, and it was paid by paypal
Same here, ebay owns Paypal and they are very trustworthy. I bought an item that was damaged, the seller said that it wasn't broke when he sold it, I went through the buyer complaint process and Paypal refunded my money. The money doesn't have to be in the sellers Paypal account, Paypal can draw the money right out of the sellers bank account. My purchase was made outside of ebay.

·
Pimp Member
3,949 Posts
actually, you don't have to buy stuff through ebay to file a claim. Yea paypal is hooked with ebay, but you can easily file a claim with private sale as you can with ebay sales ;)

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Go to the PayPal Resolution Center and file a dispute. If they decide in your favor (they tend to favor the buyer), you will received a refund for the full amount paid including shipping charges to you. You have 45 days from the payment date to file. As others have posted, PayPal covers both ebay and non-ebay items.

·
Registered
190 Posts
thanks guys,

will do..

cnt wait to drive my prelude again..

driving a POS 94 camry right now.. i feel like an old man.. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Just to beat this into the ground. If you pay someone for something NOT on eBay, and you file a complaint, which is then found in your favor, Paypal will only refund your money if the user has money in their account. If they have withdrawn all their money, you get crap. I know this for a fact, as this happened to me, to the tune of $300.

However, if the item was paid for through eBay (and buyer protection was offered), and/or the seller has money in their account, you will get your money back.

Paypal used to be incredible jerks about the latter, until they had a class action lawsuit bought against them, then they changed their tune.

Regardless, you should always file a complaint with paypal, and if you feel it's a criminal matter (fraud) you should file a report with the FBI at www.i3c.gov

(I hate scammers!)

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Just to beat it in to the ground a little further, PayPal told me last year that one cannot close their account until it has remained idle for 60 days and they can take funds from your accounts you have registered with them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts