Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
YouTube - seafoam exhaust prelude greddy evo
this is my seafoaming video.
does it sound like i have an unusual whining sound coming from my engine or is it just a honda thing.. i doubt it is cuz i heard integras.. and they dont sound so high pitch and whiny.. i have 130k. on my car. its a sport shift.. the tranny is on its wayy out. and i have no idea if the timing belt was ever changed.. can the timing belt make this sound..? or the tranny.. or is it totally something else.. ?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hard to say... if i didnt know if the timing belts been changed id do it anyways ha, it mite be the timing belt (tensioner pulley, waterpump, auto tensioner etc.) but not 100% sure on this one, just throwing thoughts out there :D
thanks for the response.. , doesnt it cost a lot to change those.. all out.. any idea how much it costs @ honda? or should i get it all done somewhere else..

·
Registered
47 Posts
thanks for the response.. , doesnt it cost a lot to change those.. all out.. any idea how much it costs @ honda? or should i get it all done somewhere else..
no problem haha, it will prob run you about 400$-800$ depending on where you go or you can do it yourself if you know how to work on engines and follow directions on the helms manual, but if you never done a timing belt job it mite be best to take it in for the h22 becuase it can be tricky, id also recommend switching out your auto tensioner with a h23 manual one and a new waterpump if your going to do a timing belt,:bigthumb:.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no problem haha, it will prob run you about 400$-800$ depending on where you go or you can do it yourself if you know how to work on engines and follow directions on the helms manual, but if you never done a timing belt job it mite be best to take it in for the h22 becuase it can be tricky, id also recommend switching out your auto tensioner with a h23 manual one and a new waterpump if your going to do a timing belt,:bigthumb:.
damn.. thats a lot of money.. i dont have.. why the h23 manual tensioner though.. dude i gotta be honest. i don even know what an auto/manual tensioner is..

·
Registered
47 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts