Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to purchase a used 2000 SH and the previous owner had done some mods to the 'lude. I was concerned that the warranty would be affected by the mods. Some of the mods include DC headers, A Greddy Exhaust, altezza's and some other stuff... Some mechanics told me that I need the original exhaust and headers for the warranty. They have the original exhasut but not the header's the dealer has a bro that would exchange the DC's for a stock 97 headers. I think I should keep them... but I don't want to have my engine blown in a few months and be $hyt out of luck when they tell me the warranty is void.

·
Registered
698 Posts
no, headers and exhaust WILL NOT void the warranty......

in order for an aftermarket part to void a warranty claim...they have to prove that the damage was cause directly by that part. obviously header and exhaust are not going to blow your engine

check out www.sema.org for more info

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks San Marino! That's all I need to help me in my decision to purchase the 'lude. I am looking forward to having the same handling and exhilaration as you and the other luders in this forum!

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JaydeZ:
I am looking forward to having the same handling and exhilaration as you and the other luders in this forum!</font>
welcome to our world

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by badmuthrfkr:
I'd be taking her to a nice italian restaurant because italian food is my favorite so even if the date goes sour, at least I got to eat something I love.</font>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts