Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering the folding was an option or if it came standard on all 4th gen preludes? Also is there a way to tell without hooking it up?

·
Registered
58 Posts
the mirror is much heavier because of the motor so you could tell just by lifting it. also you can still fold it by hand, but I dont think you are supposed to so it requires more force.

·
PO.Com's E-Pimpologist
3,352 Posts
beside the weight, i would look at the connectors that hte mirrors wire into. normal mirrors has a 3 pin conncetor, the JDM has a 5 pin. i had a very fun time converting my 5 pin to a 3 pin. still lookin for relays to wire it up to my windows...

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
not aaaall Japanese cars have the folding mirrors. It depends on where the mirrors are placed on the car. There's 2 places.. the standard (for us) at the front of our door, or, in he middle of the front fenders. If they're positioned on the fenders, they don't fold because they're in far enough that they don't extend past the width of the rest of the car. The reason the other mirrors fold is because they stick out past the width of the car, and in Japan, the roads are so narrow, and you have to drive with or against opposing traffic SO close, that you can't have anything wider than the car itself on the car, or they'll hit.

It's not just a cool doohiky, they surve a function.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
thanks man i was wondering about this i saw some on ebay and was wondering if they were just normal ones

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OT Prelude styl im out in claremont right now....lol

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
what in the hell were you doing in claremont?? Not like there's anything here to do.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
that's what people think, but if you 'really' think about it.. that makes absolutely no sense. If you have to fold yoru mirrors to park, because you're that close to whatevers next to you, how are you supposed to get out of the car??

As for driving with them folded, that's for when you're on the narrow roads, when there's no point in looking behind you because it's only 1 lane. If there's multiple lanes, it's a large street or a toll road, and you can unfold the mirrors there.

·
Unregistered
4,055 Posts
i was at an Acura/VW dealership and they were trying to get a Passat into the showroom. They folded the mirrors to get it to fit through the doors. heh. that 1 lane street thing makes sense. hmm... it could come in real hand for my when i park in the garage...

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
well I'm not just talking out my arse... I was born there, and have gone back many times, and that's how it is.

:)

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
except that now a lot of high end sports cars are putting them on the fenders or upper outer a pillars. In any case, I was just giving background and info.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts