Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am gonna be doing a lot of maintenance this weekend as my car just hit 75k (and I dont want to pay Honda to do this service) Anyway, here is what I am doing, if there is anything left out please let me know.

Replace Distributor Cap & Rotor
Change Oil & Filter (& Washer)
Flush Engine Coolant and Replace
Drain MTF & Replace
Valve Adjustment
Clean Air Filter
Check Plugs & Wires
Rotate Tires
Bleed Brakes
Bleed Clutch
Check Powersteering fluid
Check Parking Brake

anything else?

·
Putt Putt...Vroom Vroom!
2,821 Posts
bleeding the clutch isn't that hard, I managed to do it by myself, though it would've been nice to have someone fill the thing while I pumped the pedal

·
Premium Member
1,796 Posts
You'll probably already do this, but check your brake pads when you rotate the tires. Also, its usually a good idea to check and make sure all of your brake lights and turn signals, etc are working properly. Since you'll be out working on the car already, you could lube the suspension also if that hasn't been done recently. Other than that, I can't think of anything except checking tire pressures.

·
On the 2nd Prelude
1,757 Posts
Already have the parts? I took my car in to have the timing belt replaced at the dealer since they were running a special. $500 out the door, parts and labor for the timing belt, balancer belt, tensioner, balancer seals, water pump, and a few other things. not bad. but it got better.

They GAVE me new cap, rotor, OEM wires, and OEM plugs. just because. I have Magnecore wires and all the other stuff had just been done. It wasn't part of the service, they said it was an "emmisions warranty" or something. they just gave me the parts, left them on my back seat.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yeah, our cars have a 100,000 mile warranty on the emissions system. Free checkups at 25,000 mile intervals up to 100,000. All parts, labor, and replacement included. :) Neat, eh?

·
"PO Doc"
1,484 Posts
Tresch said:
Yeah, our cars have a 100,000 mile warranty on the emissions system. Free checkups at 25,000 mile intervals up to 100,000. All parts, labor, and replacement included. :) Neat, eh?
Only the 1997 models, as part of a recall mandated by the US government against Honda.

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
get your tires balanced and an allignment done,and why not go ahead and try using carb cleaner and running it through your motor,there was a discussion on this awhile ago,and alot of the people that tried it said they felt a little better pickup because it cleaned out all the carbon buildup

1 - 9 of 9 Posts