Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heya, i wanna get a new distro cap/wires/plugs . need advice for my 5th gen lude SS . i want somethin in red also so it could look good, but my main focus is on performance, also what should i expect from changing those 3 or any other advice. thanks

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Get a stock Cap and Rotor-they are fine.
Plug wires--My preference is NGK (that's who makes the stock ones too). Then again I also use Accel as they have much lower resistance.
Plugs-the best performance from what I've read on the WEB is to use the stock NGK Platinum ones.

------------------
Prelude forever-It's so nice going fast on the open road

·
Premium Member
4,863 Posts
Stock cap and button, NGK Plugs, Accel 300+ wires.

------------------
Warren

93 Prelude VTEC N/A (lots of mods) [email protected]

00 Honda Accord SE (stock)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so your saying keep everything stock besides the wires?

[This message has been edited by zentron (edited April 21, 2001).]

·
Premium Member
4,863 Posts
IMO, Yes.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Wires are something that will have an effect on performance. Also, with time they lose their ability to give the maximum voltage. Those of us running Accel Thundersport wires know that they are excellent for their ability to deliver maximum voltage due to their low resistance (150 ohm compared to >3000 for stock ones) and the silicone that is used, which makes them last longer physically. The NGK replacement wires are lower resistance than stock and have a better coating as well. The gains may be minimal-but they are real.

------------------
Prelude forever-It's so nice going fast on the open road

[This message has been edited by jc836 (edited April 22, 2001).]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.