Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the remarkable differences between each of the 5th Gen years. Specifically 2000 vs. 2001? Are there any advantages disadvantages between the years? Any improvements on the SH models between these years?

·
I kerned the Serif
741 Posts
Seat thread patterns, front grille, paint, possibly some TSB fixes on the later models, additional child-seat lock on rear deck are some, but not specifically to 00-01.

·
Turbo Fanboy
425 Posts
I don't believe there is any significant difference between 00-01 besides the fact that 01's were avaliable in EBP. I believe the only differences are between 97-98 and 99-01. 97-98 have plain grills, as where 99-01's have badged mesh grills. Also as said above, the seat thread patterns on the 97-98's are different than the 99-01's. The color avaliability between the two groups was different as well. If I missed anything big, someone please help me out.

·
Living on a Warmer Buoy
2,768 Posts
The 99-01 preludes have a mysterious 5hp increase over the 97-98 preludes. As for major differences between 00 and 01, there isn't anything that I can think of. Maybe some minor tweaks but those would go unnoticed if any.

·
Type SH'in...
2,229 Posts
btw, seat pattern only changed on Base Ludes. Type SH models had the same seat pattern throughout...

Also, '97-'98 Type SH's have red H's in the center caps, '99-01' have black...

'99+ also have standard Keyless Entry...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the help and the quick replies; looking at a 00 Type SH. You said the stereo is different . . . how? This seems to be the only significant difference especially if its a wiring issue. Looking through Honda's accessories, looks like the '00+ has upgrades. Is the ATTS function as problematic as it sounds? I am not looking to mod it out, I need it as a daily driver so HP won't be a player.

·
Type SH'in...
2,229 Posts
currannc said:
Thanks for all the help and the quick replies; looking at a 00 Type SH. You said the stereo is different . . . how? This seems to be the only significant difference especially if its a wiring issue. Looking through Honda's accessories, looks like the '00+ has upgrades. Is the ATTS function as problematic as it sounds? I am not looking to mod it out, I need it as a daily driver so HP won't be a player.

I've had a Base & Type SH at the same time, and I really dig the ATTS, it's definitely an awesome feature. It's not nearly as problematic as most people make it out to be. If you wanted to Turbo the bejeezus out of your car and mod the damn thing until you're cranking 600-hp, then I'd say, avoid the Type SH, but since, like me, you're using it as a daily driver, and hence will probably lightly mod the powertrain, if anything, you'll be just fine & dandy. As for the stereo, I was not aware of the differences, personally, but from what others have said it sounds like it's basically the same stereo, just the controls on the head unit are a bit modified. So if you're doing stereo mods, this won't affect you in the least bit.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts