Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can pick up a set pretty cheap, just need them for one time, to make the new threads on my lever.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
I saw them at Sears. If you get a Momo knob, you won't need to extend the threads and you can apply the price of the dies to a new knob.

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
he already has a Skunk2 knob

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
You don't need the whole set, although they might come in handy. I brought 2 dies at sears and one from an autoparts store. I ended up using just the 12MM and the 10MM die because I was gettin tired of grinding the shift lever. Anyway, I used to have a Skunk2 knob too. I liked it for a while but it got too hot/cold and the action was too smooth due to the heaviness of the knob. I wanted to be able to feel the shift gates when I shift so I switch to the SH knob and I love it. I looks a bit tall but oh well. Good luck with the Skunk2.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can buy individually? Did not know that. Gonna go see what I can find.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have been looking for a place to rent them, but havent had any luck. If I can buy just the dies I need, then everything is cool.

·
Registered
928 Posts
i get my single dies and taps at ace harware or any local hardware store they usually carry metric at ACE

1 - 8 of 8 Posts