Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a couple of you know i've been trying to get my motor running up to par without any luck so far. i've just got my hands on a factory p13 so i can continue with the troubleshooting.

the thing is, the motor is running extremely lean. at first, it was fine, the a/f guage would do its normal back and forth, but then the paddy wagons and popo cruisers started surrounding me so i had to leave. i unplugged the p13 and popped back in the p14 and moved to a different area. once i got there i r/r'd the p13 and now its going lean again as it did with the dinan p13.

and there are no MIL codes.

for those of you who are unfamiliar with my setup:
93 prelude si 4ws with a 93 jdm h22 running on the 2.3 wiring harness/ distributor/ injectors/ fuel rail/ throttle body.

since it was running fine earlier i've disregarded the distributor as a possible problem. the rail shouldn't pose much of a problem. but the injectors?? im not sure of their flow rate but im told its less than the jdm h22 injectors(which im waiting for them to return from RC Eng).

could the injectors be the culprit? if so, why wouldn't i get a fuel system supply MIL code?

FYI: with the p14 computer there are no problems running the motor. [email protected] without vtec and bad launch/shifts so...

but with this p13 it goes full dangerously lean, so i can't even begin to diagnose the vtec, have to start with this. i'll be working her over tomorrow morning but i could use all the insight you guys could give me now.

sorry so long, appreciate the help in advance...
v

------------------
don't touch me . . .
aim:jR93si4ws

93vtec4ws

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
none of you can help me???

------------------
don't touch me . . .

93vtec4ws

·
Registered
261 Posts
Could it be that your running 93 octane and the ecu is looking for 100? Also, how long have you left the car running. I bet if you drove the car for a little bit while it was lean you would throw a fuel supply code(43). Dont really know what to tell you.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i got the ecm from paul jang, same where you got yours, so im told its a usdm ecm. so that should take care of the 93 octane bit, no?

as for the length of run time, i took it around the block slowly, you think i should run her longer? i just dont want her to run too hot and then blow something.

i was thinking, with the jdm h22's 11:1 comp ratio maybe the usdm 2.3 injectors just aren't enough to keep the a/f stoich??

also i was thinking of the injector resistor box? but this would be the first problem i've run into, as i've taken b16 injectors and put them in a b18, b18 into d16, h23 into b18...i dont know.

lemme know what you think.

has anyone else here put a vtec into an si?

------------------
don't touch me . . .

93vtec4ws

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok i unplugged the vaccum to the fuel pressure regulator to boost it up, now the a/f guage goes back to bouncing around. and if i hold the engine at most any rpm it'll keeping finding for the stoich. but if i gun it she goes lean.

this is kinda reinforcing my thoughts on the injectors, but i'd like some input from you guys. i'd REALLY appreciate it.

------------------
don't touch me . . .

93vtec4ws

1 - 5 of 5 Posts