Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

New to the boards here. Just bought a 2001 Honda Prelude with 29k miles for $18900:)

For an extra 600 bucks I got a 7 year warrenty on the drive train and paid an extra 695 for a 7 year coverage on everything inside the car.

What can I do? If I got Intake, Exhaust, vtec controller. I'm guessing I'm voiding this warrenty. :mad:

Anyone know? My salesmen didn't seem to know.. He said well you should do anything to it, not even a new suspension. :rolleyes:

·
EEEWOK!!!!!
1,246 Posts
Welcome to PO :wave:

I never had to deal with it but I think it may depend on your dealership. I know someone who had no problems and someone who did. If your sales guy didn't know, then you should probably ask someone else. I would think the majority would give you a problem though. Good luck and have fun with the lude :D

·
Offtrack excursion expert
6,762 Posts
Welcome. :bigthumb:

Every dealership is different. The one I bought it from covers intake, header, and exhaust. Theres one in Manchester, Conn. though that will cover major mods IF they install it.

So, again, it most likely depend on your dealership. Ask them.

·
Registered
385 Posts
For me it only seems on what day of the week you come in to the dealership and what servicemen works on your car.

I've had two different sm, one was a complete douchebag (he was a older gentleman), while the other did all he could to accomedate me (younger gentlemen).

So if you go in once, try going in again and talking to someone else. If all else fails go to another Honda Dealership.

·
Baller....
565 Posts
My dealership is cool about certain bolt on mods, after all they are replacing my trans for free and i got mods on it.Like everyone says, ask your dealership or find one around you that is cool with it.

·
Banned
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL!

well this warrenty is good at any honda dealership in america according to my salesmen. I guess I can just try all the honda places until one of them fixes a problem that arises :)

·
less whore than before
3,648 Posts
It really depends on the dealer. Some are cool with mods and some aren't. You just need to find one that is, otherwise you just wasted a good amount of $

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
welcome my fellow luder...lol

some have had great experiences with their dealers, and some on the other hand...errr like me...uhhh....cant take my car to them period....i wish you good luck with your lude and your quest to find a dealer that is cool with mods and warranty:shrug:

·
less whore than before
3,648 Posts
luckily I found one that's about 20 miles from me, but they will cover stuff even with my bolt ons :bigthumb:

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
no the next closest one is about 50-60 miles away....forget that:shrug:

·
Premium Member
4,089 Posts
depends on the dealer....I was in for my 30K service w/ I/H/E/P, tein ss coilovers, an other mods.....guy complimented me on everything, said that I was REALLY low an that he really liked it. he was askin me bout the mods an stuff.....never said that I'd have a problem w/ warranty.

I'm afraid tho that if I get a VAFC or somethin like that, then it may not be the same attitude....mainly if there's a problem. some places are coo w/ JRSC's on preludes....but that's cuz they've installed them. that's definitely more rare tho. I'm sure that you'll be fine w/ basic boltons

·
Registered
548 Posts
yeah some places are anal, my sales person said an intake would void the warranty, WTF, yeah anyways, i think most dealerships can be pretty shytty. i've got the extended warranty too =(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts