Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DC Sports H22 Header 5th gen base + cat . The header was on my car for about 4 months, then bought a Hytech header. It has sat in my dads basement since I took it off. It's in great shape. Only issue is the bracket broke, but is a common issue for the header. Cut it off and will be fine. Also included is the cat. It was on the car for about 75-80k.You will pay actual shipping costs from Nashville, TN.
<br>

<br>
$125

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will get around to it on Sunday. I'm slammed with work until then. It's being shipping from Nashville/Antioch TN 37013.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would say this is in fair condition. The only things I would be concerned about is the broken bracket and the rust before and after the flex pipe.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I would say this is in fair condition. The only things I would be concerned about is the broken bracket and the rust before and after the flex pipe.
yah that rust doesnt look good.. otherwise i wouldve def. considered going for it. good luck with the sale bro.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rust isn't that bad. I'll have to take some better pics. Steel wool takes it off. The header was only on the car for a few months....Cut off the bracket, which almost everyone that has had a DC sports has to do..This header is in better condition than most I've seen, and I'm basically throwing in the cat for free..

I'll post some better pics on Sunday when I have some free time.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Rust isn't that bad. I'll have to take some better pics. Steel wool takes it off. The header was only on the car for a few months....Cut off the bracket, which almost everyone that has had a DC sports has to do..This header is in better condition than most I've seen, and I'm basically throwing in the cat for free..

I'll post some better pics on Sunday when I have some free time.
i mean i already have a cat.. so.. unless.. this ones high flow..

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nope, stock cat.

·
Registered
190 Posts
just ball park.. how much can u gain with a dc header..? and how much does the sound change... i have a greddy evo and a cai on my ss lude... i would love my lude to be louder.. not louder but deeper.. like this guy's ..

YouTube - Kyle's Prelude Exhaust

this dudes cammed.. but damn.. if i could make my prelude sound even close to this.. i would be very satisfied with it.. mine sounds like this now.

YouTube - seafoam exhaust prelude greddy evo

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1-3 whp maybe 4 on the top end. Combined with a high flow cat and exhaust maybe another 1 or 2 tops. Talking 5-7whp with a full header back system. This is estimate. Nothing near a RMF, Hytech, SMSP system of course. But, you are paying for what you get :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
just ball park.. how much can u gain with a dc header..? and how much does the sound change... i have a greddy evo and a cai on my ss lude... i would love my lude to be louder.. not louder but deeper.. like this guy's ..

YouTube - Kyle's Prelude Exhaust

this dudes cammed.. but damn.. if i could make my prelude sound even close to this.. i would be very satisfied with it.. mine sounds like this now.

My stock 91 2.0SI sounds exactly like this...

Want to trade cars? :laugh:

Seriously though, you should clean these up. Steel wool them and then high temp clear coat them.

Steel wooling them is only to make them look nice, and actually takes metal off, and gives yet another area for oxidation.

Like I said, thing to do would be clean them up. I bet you they would sell quicker if you did.

Buy some primer and grey paint as well and do it up right.

Again, it's all about selling a clean product for a reasonable price if you want it to move.

·
Registered
190 Posts
1-3 whp maybe 4 on the top end. Combined with a high flow cat and exhaust maybe another 1 or 2 tops. Talking 5-7whp with a full header back system. This is estimate. Nothing near a RMF, Hytech, SMSP system of course. But, you are paying for what you get :)
ok so.. basically nothing .. how about exhaust tone..?
and just how much more can u gain with a hytech header.. there is one fs on preludepower for like 850... 8 times the cost of urs.. how can u get like 8 times more (24+ hp) from just a header.. i dont get it..

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You're not going to get 24+ HP from a header alone. It's the combination of header, highflow cat and exhaust, all at a 2.5 in piping back. Then you need to make sure your A/F ratio is correct and adjust. Even then, with all this, it's all about the dyno. Save the money and get a RMF. It's excellent for the cost.

Thinking this thread should be in the N/A forum now, not the for sale..

oh and I lied... my DC Sports will give you 50+ WHP!!!! I'll do the header and cat for $100! + actual shipping.

·
Registered
190 Posts
has anyone done a 2.5' inch collector mod on this header.. cuz if thats possible i am probably gonna buy this header. i will never be able to afford a 800 dollar header. ill just be happy with a 'better than stock' header, high flow cat/testpipe, exhaust, everything 2.5 and later on get my ecu tuned..

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Going to cost $45 to ship with the cat, without it's $35.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
$135 shipped! bump

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
$120 Shipped!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts