Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate bring up the same topics over and over again, but before I sinking the $ I want to make sure it's what I'm looking for. After seaching for this topic, I wasn't able to find the answers to some of my questions. My understanding was that the DC Sports DTM Cat-back was relatively quiet (of course if you hit the gas hard it's going to scream). After reading some post there seems to be some conflicting comments.

Can anyone w/ experience answer the following?

How loud is the Cat-back?
Will it get louder once it's been broken in?
How loud is it when cruising on the highway?
Will I be able to ease through the RPM's and keep the noise relative low (just above stock)?
Does anyone in Connecticut have the setup on there car that I can maybe listen to first hand?
Anyone comments?

Thanks

·
Registered
456 Posts
No offense, but why a German-style exhaust on a Japanese car?

Anyway, I don't know about that DC specifically, but the noise will be louder than stock. You can keep the noise down with judicious use of the throttle, but every possible situation will be louder than stock. The degree to which that may bother you is all up to you. As far as the highway question, it really matters how fast considering the tall gearing of Preludes. If you're anything like me, and tons of others, I'm sure you will love the sound, almost regardless of which exhaust you choose(as long as it isn't a cheap POS like pacesetter or equivelant).

·
Registered
830 Posts
ok, I have had my DC DTM for about 8 months now. Its definately louder than stock, but not A LOT. This is one of the deepest nicest sounding exhaust imo. When cruising on the highway is incredibly quiet, and you can barely hear it at all. But when your passing someone and are constantly on the gas, its gets louder, but its not like its so loud you cant talk or have to turn the radio, its nothing like that. Its just more deep sounding. You can definately ease through the rps while keeping it pretty quiet. The only time this exhaust really gets loud is around 5500+. Email me if you need more info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts