Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Based on what I've seen, the DC headers make 1-3 whp for the H22 without the 2.5 inch collector. I've been looking for some info on what kind of power can be gained by modifying the collector to 2.5 inches, but can't find anything. Anyone have any info on this? I don't mind spending money for a RMF header, but have heard that they aren't worth having unless I plan on going for big power in my car. Apparently the gains aren't as impressive with a mildly upgraded engine....right? Thanks.

·
Registered
40 Posts
don't get that dc header crap, if you want a good header, save some money and nice a name brand header thats got repuation.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The DC is a name brand and it does have alot of rep or people wouldn't keep buying it. Dont spend 900-1200 on a custom header if you dont plan on bumping the CR up.

·
Registered
85 Posts
People need to relax with the whole "get a custom header" thing, I'm not bashing on anyone so please don't take it that way. But some people aren't in need of something that pricey, even though it yields much more power, not everyone has a G to throw into a header. Or want to build a monster lude, no matter how sweet they are:bigthumb:.

And i would also like to see a dyno comparison of the DC header w/ an 2.5 collector vs. an unmodded DC header. I'm curious to see how much of an improvement a 2.5 collector adds.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I agree. There is no way I have $1000.00+ to throw into a header.

^ I wish I had the money to even get on a dyno.

I'm a strapped 18 year old, and I went the megan header collector mod route.

It runs 2.5" from collector back thanks to a little cutting and some custom welded flanges. And honestly, I noticed when I engage vtec since the header was modded with 2.5" piping from collector to rear end, that the car pulls considerably harder than when it was stock.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Based on what I've seen, the DC headers make 1-3 whp for the H22 without the 2.5 inch collector. I've been looking for some info on what kind of power can be gained by modifying the collector to 2.5 inches, but can't find anything. Anyone have any info on this? I don't mind spending money for a RMF header, but have heard that they aren't worth having unless I plan on going for big power in my car. Apparently the gains aren't as impressive with a mildly upgraded engine....right? Thanks.
rmf makes quality and obviously more power over any dc header. headers are expensive period, so dont expect massive power gains for you 1k header. RMF, Hytech and such are some of the best, and if you want to gain the most you can out of each part...
The DC is a name brand and it does have alot of rep or people wouldn't keep buying it. Dont spend 900-1200 on a custom header if you dont plan on bumping the CR up.
Osama bin laden has alot of rep, but hes not that great now is he? if anything get a dc race header.

unfortunetly I would rather see a dyno than to trust someones FEELINGS on how much power your car gained. I replaced my air filter and it feels like i gained 10hp, but i know thats not true. I look at DC (as far as h22's go) as more of a bling factor.

·
H22-Turbo 4WS Beast
1,384 Posts
personally, i'd spend money elsewhere. I mean whats the max power you're gonna get out of a header that <$1k? MAYBE 5hp? save your money...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
your intake and exhuast is more important than you think...but to each his own i guess
Yeah, it's nice that intakes are so cheap in comparison to some of the other H22 bolt-ons. It seems that the H22's stock intake is pretty darn good for a mildly upgraded engine though. I'll probably buy a Type-S eventually simply for the low-end torque it provides. That way I won't be as tempted to ride the hot cam all the time and burn oil. :laugh:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
personally, i'd spend money elsewhere. I mean whats the max power you're gonna get out of a header that <$1k? MAYBE 5hp? save your money...
You're probably right. And even if I threw down a grand for a custom header, what kind of power would it provide to my near-stock H22? Probably not enough to offset the high price. Now, if I added a blower....:bigthumb:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts