Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the dc header bracket always breaks off but do i really need to use it or can i just cut if off... it seems like the rubber hanger and the cat should be enough to hold it in place since the dc header is a lot lighter also than the oem header.. has anyone had any problems with not re welding the bracket back on??? thanks

·
Premium Member
4,089 Posts
I don't think it'll really make a difference...it'll probably hold it in a little better, but since it might break, then it won't be doin any good at that point. they don't always break, so if you have access to cut it off later, then I'd leave it til it breaks ::shrug::

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i ended up just bending a little so it doesn rattle when i accelerate.. it should stay in place i dont think it will be a problem.. if i have problems ill just get a different header..
thanks for your input

·
Registered
973 Posts
i think some people have said the exhaust moves a tad w/out the bracket.

so far i broke the header bracket ,had it welded then my oem bracket attached to the oil pan broke, then had that welded. hopefully it'll last. it's a very very common problem.

btw- i have greddy

·
Registered
39 Posts
My bracket on the DC header broke off several days after the intial install. That was a year ago. I haven't had any problems since. Anybody else do the same???

·
sis0rueN
758 Posts
I bought my DC CC header used, and the bracket was already broken. I had my neighbor cut it the rest of the way off (nice and clean) and I installed it.

It began to vibrate at lower RPMS, and I could hear it making my exhaust (Apexi WS) rattling back and forth.

I went back under there, and used the top part of the stock bracket, and used some metal band straps to secure it to the header. Seems to be working wonderfully so far.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
after i bent the bracket back i havent heard anymore rattling on my car.. if your car was still rattling maybe some bolts were loose neurosis.. becauase mine is fine now after bending the bracket back so it doesnt touch anything...

·
sis0rueN
758 Posts
dchung1 said:
after i bent the bracket back i havent heard anymore rattling on my car.. if your car was still rattling maybe some bolts were loose neurosis.. becauase mine is fine now after bending the bracket back so it doesnt touch anything...
I don't think any of the bolts were loose, since the bracket wasn't there to begin with... it just had a little play back and forth, and since I raised up my exhaust piping as to not scrape so much (Apexi likes to scrape speedbumps) it was probabally hitting the heat shield or underbody... *shrugs*

I fixed it with some metal straps, and it seems to be good. :)

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what kind of metal straps do you have pics? i was thinking of doing that too.. but i didnt want to take the exhaust off again..
but if i do hear noise again i might have to do what you did.

if you have any pics or know where i can get the straps the name of the straps thanks

·
Registered
178 Posts
Mine also broke, so I cut the bracket off. Eventually the flex pipe move so much that it started to fall apart. If yu can weld on another piece, definitly do that.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hey i think i have a way of fixing the dc bracket.. just cut it off or bend it back after it breaks.. then use the stock header bracket ( there are two parts of the stock header bracket one is the part that attactes to the engine block and the other is a C ring) just take the bracket part and put it on the engine block and then use a clamp at home depot to hold the bracket on to the header.. you might have to two washers before you instal the bracket so that it does not rub against the engine block. i did this ill see how long this one lasts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts