Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DC header brackets are known to break.. like mine did.. so what I did was

1) take the stock bracket from the stock header (there are 2 parts one is the bracket that attatches to the engine block and the C camp) just take the stock bracket part.

2) then either cut off your DC header bracket or bend it back while its on the car
3) insert two washers from home depot on the two bolts attacted to the engine block before you slide on your stock bracket (becuase if you dont use the washers the bracket will rub against the engine block and probably make noise)
NOTE: the stock bracket will have to go before the DC header bracket but it wil fit.
4) then use the stock nuts and srew it tight
5) then use a clamp to hold the bracket to the header.. (its one of those clamps you get at home depot or hardware store that you use a screw driver to tighten or the ones that come with AEM intake that holds the rubbler hose to the throttle body if that makes any sense.)

I havent had this fix on for long so ill see how long it lasts.. but it seems sturdy enough.. i was going to leave the header alone but i think someone said that eventually the b pipe flex part came loose or something like that.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i heard that if you dont fix it the flex part of the b pipe will eventually break apart from the stress..?

·
Premium Member
13,632 Posts
You don't really need it. I ran my car for a WHILE without that bracket and it's just fine. If the b-pipe breaks it's more likely due to it being faulty regardless of the bracket.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
really well since i went through all that trouble ill leave it unless it starts messing up he header coating..

boyguan cant wait till button willow.. it should be fun.. i think we are the only preludes there...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts