Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
G

·
Too bad the front end is so ugly.

Good numbers, though. However, give me something that is lower tech and easier to modify. 220 is a very good number, but with the way that engine management systems are evolving, getting much more might be quite difficult.

Also, I highly doubt that car will see US shores in that trim.

Oh well, at least Honda is moving in the right direction with more powerful engines.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 71dsp:
Too bad the front end is so ugly.</font>
that's the same thing i said when the 5gen first came out... now i think she's the most beautiful car in the world

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by atlxchink:
BEECH! :D Your a corrupt mod I tell ya! :D ........You're my hero :D</font>

G

·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by o0OO0o:
Originally posted by 71dsp:
that's the same thing i said when the 5gen first came out... now i think she's the most beautiful car in the world

I did too, but the 5Gen's front end has some edges on it at least.

The front end on this car just curves down to the bumper. There are hardly any edges on it.

The lights look like a mix between the new 3Series BMWs, and the current Civics.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
334 Posts
Well, in my opinion even though the integra is based off the civic platfrom I would like that honda could make it look better than the new civic. I do however like this pic better than others that I have seen. Any idea on the price of the 2002 ITR? 25-27k?

------------------
99 Red 5spd Prelude=AutoX
90 auto Accord sedan=DD
AIM: Jvtecsho

·
Registered
195 Posts
it looks like a neon-civi-type-r~!

I think it will definately have to grow on me.

[This message has been edited by Luder-xhpx (edited April 14, 2001).]

·
Registered
11,003 Posts
at first glance, i thought *EWWWWW*...
but i think it's starting to grow on me; it could do w/o the wing though, IMO.

[This message has been edited by imagepree (edited April 14, 2001).]

·
too much jdm stuff
842 Posts
Do the sides come up that much normally on Recaro SRII and SRIII's? Do the SRD's come up that much? Every pic I've seen of SRD's did look like it came up that much.

-e-

------------------
[tHåt©hMå§të®]

95 VTEC Prelude - RS*R, powerslots, Axxis metal masters, Toyo FZ4s, **type-S intake (thanks Andy!!)** 15.040 @ 92.85

95 VTEC Del Sol - AEM, Bullfrog TB, N2 header, Greddy SP, Powerstop Xdrilled, Z3 fenders

www.thatchland.com

·
Registered
662 Posts

Good numbers, though. However, give me something that is lower tech and easier to modify. 220 is a very good number, but with the way that engine management systems are evolving, getting much more might be quite difficult.

Also, I highly doubt that car will see US shores in that trim.

Oh well, at least Honda is moving in the right direction with more powerful engines.

</font>
I like the front. Hella better than current
Ludes. I'd not be surprized to see in it
US shores. I'd not ditch my lude though; the
car is too light; it's based on civic -what
do you expect? It'd be a cool buzzer but
I'd tilt toward CL direction a bit and lude'd
be still a better compromise.

KC

·
Registered
662 Posts
I don't like that half-ass wing-west skirt
on the front. Stock-lude skirt on the front
would've been better.

KC

·
Registered
188 Posts
does anyone else think that wing is a lil too big? i know its supposed to be a type-r wing....but it just looks a lil bit bigger and boxier than the previous type-r wing

·
Registered
188 Posts
oh yeah, and the side skirt in the pic looks like its a 96-2000? civic's stock side skirt, but backwards.

·
Registered
188 Posts

can you kinda see it?

[This message has been edited by AzN-tRaNcE-bOy (edited April 14, 2001).]

·
Registered
836 Posts
True! True! I love ittt

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by o0OO0o:
Originally posted by 71dsp:

·
Registered
409 Posts

</font>
Yeah, same with me on the 5th gen. Ugly at first, sexy now. But I already like the looks of the RSX. Maybe its the CP035 lookalike wheels. I think it just looks sleek over all. I wonder if theyll put foglights in those two holes on the bottom sides.

Now picture it with the wide mouth body kit you KNOW is gonna come out for it. Then itll be ass ugly.

On price, i think the RSX is going to cost more than current integras, so I figure about 29k for the new Type R version.

·
Premium Member
4,863 Posts
I just think its funny how Acura must use letters instead of names, RSX, versus Integra.

I prefer names to letters.

I guess this is Acura's several year long attempt at making their Hondas sound more expensive or classy. Copying Lexus and Infiniti, which use letter and number combos.

Funny how Honda of Japan has stuck to using names. I wish they would do the same here.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts