Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i get all psyched up to get my windows tinted, only to find out that it is illegal to tint the driver and passenger side driver windows......WTF is that?? are the laws like this anywhere else?

do you guys think its still worth doing if I only get the rear and pillar windows done??

·
SuperMod
7,963 Posts
How bad do you want it?
I had my door windows done as well. Sometimes I wish I didn't... but on summer days, I'm sure as hell glad I did!

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 98 San Marino SH:
i get all psyched up to get my windows tinted, only to find out that it is illegal to tint the driver and passenger side driver windows......WTF is that?? are the laws like this anywhere else?

do you guys think its still worth doing if I only get the rear and pillar windows done??
</font>
Do all of them anyway and jsut keep your fingers crossed that no police ticket you for it. It's worked for me for a few years now

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
Hahaha..not that much difference from CA and Ca huh? hahahaha... I think you should still do it... cause everyone else would be too scared to get ticketed for it..so it would be original.

--Sam

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

·
Registered
713 Posts
I didn't know you guys had sun in Saskahoweveruspellit

·
retired
7,431 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by pter:
It's illegal here in California too.</font>
i thought you could tint the driver and passenger windows just as long as it's not under 35%?

·
SuperMod
7,963 Posts
Nope. I've asked and asked.

No go. Illegal. Ask any tint shop, they should tell you the same.

·
SuperMod
7,963 Posts
Now... if you really want to flaunt it...

Get your front windshield tinted. Not just the strip up top... the whole thing

Now that looks badass

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
i got away with it for 4 mo.s then they made me go to court for a $40 fine...needless to say i'm tinting them back... i can't take the look of it without a complete job.

·
Banned
2,048 Posts
I've already gotten a ticket for it - got off easy. I just said I bought the tints myself and installed it with the help of a friend (who makes decals and large stickers - same process.) Cop let me off easy but said I had to take 'em off in 3 weeks or next time, I'll get a $180 ticket and maybe even get towed b/c I disregard the law or something... blah. Tints are still on.

I just keep and eagle eye out for cops, lower the windows when they come around...

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by atlxchink:
When I try to picture o0OO0o as a moderator, the image of Beavis hacking away at the keyboard comes to mind </font>

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by spite:
I've already gotten a ticket for it - got off easy. I just said I bought the tints myself and installed it with the help of a friend (who makes decals and large stickers - same process.) Cop let me off easy but said I had to take 'em off in 3 weeks or next time, I'll get a $180 ticket and maybe even get towed b/c I disregard the law or something... blah. Tints are still on.

I just keep and eagle eye out for cops, lower the windows when they come around...

</font>

What a $180 buck fine, the cop has been smoking some of the weed the he took off the dealer.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
gotta love ontario...

there is supposedly some kind of law here in ontario but its almost never enforced!

mine are 15% all around and i have never gotten stopped. some cars here are 5% all round!!!!!!

also, those clear bulb crap is never enforced here either...

(at least in ottawa)

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
why dont you just get some light tint like blue or gold(which kinda looks yellow) or 50% tint. i mean have you ever seen 50%? it doesnt even look like you have any tint at all.

------------------
00 Black Lude
Full Gold Trim Kit,including exhaust tips
Gold tint

·
Registered
588 Posts
I have 35% on my doors all the way down and yes i get harassed about it all the time, i usually just say "i bought it like this" and they leave me alone

------------------

On the prowl for some booty and blowin VTEC dust in the direction of the busters

1 - 20 of 20 Posts