Honda Prelude Online banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Tx and the premium gas went from $1.57 to $1.78 in 3 goddamn days. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!!!!!!!!!

------------------
RIP Dale #3

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Yeah, i stopped by SF this past summer...NOBODY outside of the bay area can complain about gas prices.

------------------
'98 White Prelude
Neuspeed Race Springs
Koni Adj Shocks
Neuspeed Front Strut Bar
Removed Resonator
DC Sports Ceramic Headers
Rear ST Sway Bar
JRSC sitting on garage floor

·
Registered
826 Posts
OPEC BABY, HELL YEAH
*cough* 31mpg

hey, if you americans wont kill off gas-guzzlin people-killin car-dentin SUV's, SOMEONE's gotta do it right?

OPEC POWAH hehe

------------------
Regards,
Kion (2001 CivicEXCoupe)
AIM - Kion821

(my car on the left, my girl Aishwarya Rai on the right)

·
Registered
997 Posts
It went up to 1.77 from 1.69 here

------------------
2000 Type SH
Wanted: Type S Intake Chamber
FOR SALE: Pirelli Ice Assymetrical Snow Tires Mounted/Balanced on 5th Gen. Base Rims. Used for 2k miles. 600+shipping.

·
Registered
810 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 2kPreludeSH:
I live in Tx and the premium gas went from $1.57 to $1.78 in 3 goddamn days. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!!!!!!!!!

</font>
Oh please.... what are you complaining about - look at the bay area / nor cal! Over here in L.A. I pay just about 2.00 for a gallon also.

·
Registered
810 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by K i o n:
OPEC BABY, HELL YEAH
*cough* 31mpg

hey, if you americans wont kill off gas-guzzlin people-killin car-dentin SUV's, SOMEONE's gotta do it right?

OPEC POWAH hehe

</font>
Yeah right - OPEC does all it can to ensure that the world will be dependent on fossil fuels. If you're going to blame anyone for gas guzzlers, blame OPEC. I can guarantee you that they love the fact people are driving crappy suvs. If they had their way, we'd all get 5 mpg. Personally I love the sound of a gasoline engine, but from an environmental / engineering standpoint, an electrical motor is a MUCH MUCH MUCH better idea. One day soon, OPEC's worst nightmare will come true, and someone will come up with better batteries. All those largely single product economies in oil rich areas will crumble - I hope they're smart enough to diversify, or there will be some serious unrest, when the walls come tumbling down. OPEC is essentially a monopoly, and as such, they give everyone who has to buy gas the shaft. They purposely inflate oil prices by refusing to produce enough to meet demand. This policy will eventually drive other nations to seek alternative solutions, and it already is. Hybrids with 70+ mpg are already on the market. Think about this - if every car in the world got 70+ mpg (which will eventually be the case), OPEC's revenues would be severely reduced, even if they continued to artificially inflate prices. Consumers will only pay so much for gasoline, before the higher prices drive them to alternative fuel sources.

You don't have to believe me, but just wait and see what happens in our lifetimes

LLL

[This message has been edited by LudesLudesLudes (edited April 12, 2001).]

·
THE LONELY MONK
6,005 Posts
There has been a rumor that it will be close to 3.00 a gallon by the start of summer. I will have to buy a bike to commute now.

--Sam

------------------

With Great Powers Come Great Responsibilities--Never Underestimate the Power of the VTEC

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I think this is due to the Easter holiday. I'm not sure, but more than likely.

JP

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
OPEC is blaming the increase in the gas prices on more strict clean air acts. They state that the Clean air acts require them to add more additives to the gas, and hence drive the price per gallon up because they have to take the time to add the additives and not produce more oil. Makes zero sense to me, but what the hell do I know. I say we start using our own oil supply, Damn what the hell else is Alaska good for. We have a huge supply of Oil that we can use for ourselves. I say screw OPEC, and lets take care of ourselves. And I didn't mean to offend anyone from Alaska.

·
Premium Member
4,863 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dr. James:
OPEC is blaming the increase in the gas prices on more strict clean air acts. They state that the Clean air acts require them to add more additives to the gas, and hence drive the price per gallon up because they have to take the time to add the additives and not produce more oil. Makes zero sense to me, but what the hell do I know. I say we start using our own oil supply, Damn what the hell else is Alaska good for. We have a huge supply of Oil that we can use for ourselves. I say screw OPEC, and lets take care of ourselves. And I didn't mean to offend anyone from Alaska.</font>
Its all OPEC propaganda, they just want to make money again like last summer, except worse.

Here in the Atlanta, where its the least expensive City to buy gas in the country, Premium has gone up to about $1.55+ over the last few days, depending on what station you use.

------------------
Warren

93 Prelude VTEC N/A (lots of mods) [email protected]

00 Honda Accord SE (stock)

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
all you bay area peeps complain... but at least you fill up in the 'burbs. i paid $2.29/gallon my last fillup (only put in 5 gallons - it was an expensive station - the aberage is $2.25 i think)

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
and btw - americans need to

a) stop *****ing about gas prices (it's more expensive just about everywhere else)

b) stop buying fuel ineffecient vehicles

AND MOST OF ALL

c) STOP DRIVING 20+ mi TO AND FROM WORK! I will personally NEVER move anywhere that requires me to drive work. period.

·
Registered
602 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dr. James:
I say we start using our own oil supply, Damn what the hell else is Alaska good for.</font>
I'm sorry, I don't mean to flame, but that's a VERY naive statement...

------------------
-Rebecca
'00 5spd base Prelude
What tha dealio?!

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
i propose that from here on out dr. james be reffered to as dr. james w. bush.

i mean, if i'm gonna have someone in the white house who is going to facilitate the destruction of the environment, i'd rather it be someone who drove a modded supra TT!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ludecrs:
I'm sorry, I don't mean to flame, but that's a VERY naive statement...

</font>

·
Registered
826 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LudesLudesLudes:
Yeah right - OPEC does all it can to ensure that the world will be dependent on fossil fuels. If you're going to blame anyone for gas guzzlers, blame OPEC. I can guarantee you that they love the fact people are driving crappy suvs. If they had their way, we'd all get 5 mpg. Personally I love the sound of a gasoline engine, but from an environmental / engineering standpoint, an electrical motor is a MUCH MUCH MUCH better idea. One day soon, OPEC's worst nightmare will come true, and someone will come up with better batteries. All those largely single product economies in oil rich areas will crumble - I hope they're smart enough to diversify, or there will be some serious unrest, when the walls come tumbling down. OPEC is essentially a monopoly, and as such, they give everyone who has to buy gas the shaft. They purposely inflate oil prices by refusing to produce enough to meet demand. This policy will eventually drive other nations to seek alternative solutions, and it already is. Hybrids with 70+ mpg are already on the market. Think about this - if every car in the world got 70+ mpg (which will eventually be the case), OPEC's revenues would be severely reduced, even if they continued to artificially inflate prices. Consumers will only pay so much for gasoline, before the higher prices drive them to alternative fuel sources.

You don't have to believe me, but just wait and see what happens in our lifetimes

[This message has been edited by LudesLudesLudes (edited April 12, 2001).]
</font>
dude, you're jus spitting out obvious, well-known facts, hehe, OPEC loves sellin to ******** that drive gas guzzlers, but OPEC's not the one building bigger and bigger SUV's, and the ford excursion wasnt exactly OPEC-designed and built, take a look at its target market hehe... see heres what my post meant: thanks to OPEC reducing production of oil on purpose to raise prices, SUV owners will be hit where it hurts: the wallet, thus, hopefully curbing demand for SUV's and invigorating the alternative-energy market (necessity is the mother of all invention)

duh, hehe

------------------
Regards,
Kion (2001 CivicEXCoupe)
AIM - Kion821

(my car on the left, my girl Aishwarya Rai on the right)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.