Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've got 3 primer scratches on my front bumper.. i was just wondering if anyone knew the costs to fix this (its not dented.. but the paint is completely gone on like .25 sq. inch spots). i can see the black primer..

how did i do this you ask? i never park my car in the garage while in first. but apparently my dad moved my car without telling me and stuck it in first, started my car thinking it was in neutral and my car flew against a box, the edges of the box scratched the paint off.

i was thinking while i was down at the body shop getting this fix i would shave my front emblem.. i hear $400 for a shaved emblem and others saying its as low as $150.. i will not buy an aftermarket H for fear of people damaging my hood in the process of stealing my colored H.

------------------
-Eric
97 Nordic Mist Prelude

while i go take more.. "pleasing" pictures you'll just have to deal with this one. now wheres that dig. cam?

·
2 Slow 2 Show
211 Posts
It all depends on where you get it done. Should not be much of a difference and it should run you about $200-$250(labor costs included).

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
My Lude just came home from the body shop. To do a full repaint of the bumper cover was $400. That included removal and taking everything off of it. The paint and additive are quite expensive by themselves. As to doing a shave-I paid over $400 and this included welding the holes shut and doing the necessary prep-then they did a full paint and clear on the hood. These prices are based on the industry standard books from ADP and Mitchell.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts