Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,739 Posts
Thats really slick. I was planning on doing something very similar when I re-do my car. I already have the 4g OEM faceplate (with the tapedeck, even LESS tempting than an OEM CD player!!). So you have yours setup where you don't have to remove the Alpine face before putting the OEM cover on? I was thinking about doing mine so that the OEM cover fits flush once the aftermarket face is removed. Doing it this way would require recessing the aftermarket HU a little less, making it look a tad nicer when in sight (more of a pain when leaving the car though).

Do you just have the OEM face so that it "press-fits" in there (nothing but friction holding it in)? Nice work.

·
Mark it Zero!
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah just friction fit, the rubber that surrounds the oem faceplate keeps it tight
the last step is to wire another blinking LED, off the the alarms led, so it apears the anti-theft on the cd player is active.
i had the LED from the oem deck all wired up, but then one off the little ass leads off it broke, im gonna run up to radio shack and get another LED
thx for the props

·
Registered
234 Posts
Hey Cameron....You forgot to give props to me for selling you the stock HU. HA HA Just kidding man, glad it worked out for you and it looks awesome. You should do a write up on how you did this and put it in the FAQ section for a free lifetime membership. Awesome job.

97Luder

·
Premium Member
3,739 Posts
The free lifetime membership offer is no longer available, sorry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts