Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. I'm new here to this forum. Seems like a great place. I just did several searches to try and find more info, but have not found what I hope to yet. My son has a 93 H23A1, non Vtec. We got some Crower stage 1 cams for free, so we thought we'd put them in. We completed the install today, and I learned a fair bit in the process. The literature that came with the cams says they have a 4 degree advance machined into the cams. They are supposed to work fine with stock ECU and valve springs. We lined up the stock timing marks and flashed up the engine. It runs, but it's pretty rough. Some backfiring, won't rev up quick. Does not want to idle. I assume the cam timing needs to be adjusted for the 4 degree advance, machined into the cams. I don't have adjustable cam gears. I was wondering if I could move the sprockets a notch or two from stock, in reference to the belt, to compensate, until I get some adjustable cam gears?
If so, should I retard the cam gears, as the cams are advanced already? Any help, comments, tips, appreciated. Thanks, Keith

1 - 1 of 1 Posts