Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking of turning my car into a track only car and I have always wondered how hard it would be to make a "ram air" inlet...I see them all the time in magazines were they use fiberglass or carbonfiber to fill the headlight hole and have ducting going to a hole in the mocked up headlight plug
kinda like this...

here is what I was thinking...I have jdm fogs and a spare set of OEM USDM fogs...

using the shroud from the USDM fogs and enlarging the hole slightly and connecting hose and making a box that surrounds my intake filter...

please dont flame me I am just thinking out loud here...and I will probably never do this but I was wondering if anyone has or has thought of it...

·
Banned
1,239 Posts

I just left the hole below the turn signal exposed with no plastic cover or fog light. Air flows right into the filter.

You could take the idea further, like you said, and attach some sort of tubing to isolate and concentrate some extra airflow. It might help a little.

It's a great idea for brake ducting.

·
Registered
146 Posts
At one of my last track days I was talking with my instructor about the exact same thing. Next time I'm on track I am just going to simply remove the plastic cover that covers the space under the blinker... I'm not sure if it will help or not, but it seems to make sense that it would.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well I am glad I am not the only one that thought of this.... :bigthumb:

·
Registered
33 Posts
couldn't you pull the turn signals as well since it will be a track car, even if its a dd, you could pull the signals since they only take a min to take off and put them back in afterwards, and that would double the availabe space to suck in air from.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is true but I thought the way the shroud is shaped would help(it acts kinda like a funnel, channeling the air and forcing it in the hose)

·
Banned
1,239 Posts
redlude503 said:
couldn't you pull the turn signals as well since it will be a track car, even if its a dd, you could pull the signals since they only take a min to take off and put them back in afterwards, and that would double the availabe space to suck in air from.
Yea, if it were track only I wouldn't run the turn signals.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts