Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I get a kick outta Larry's icon

Are you going to try this or something?

------------------
95 Prelude VTEC

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, but Shawn (from UR), admitted to Larry that above a certain HP level, a harmonic balancer is needed. So, in a way, he admits that they are harmonic dampers. Anyway, I thought it was interesting that he said that Hondas don't need a harmonic balancer, but above a certain HP (correction) level, one is needed. Now, why is that??!!?!?

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

[This message has been edited by 71dsp (edited April 20, 2001).]

·
Registered
149 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 71dsp:
No, but Shawn (from UR), admitted to Larry that above a certain HP level, a harmonic balancer is needed. So, in a way, he admits that they are harmonic dampers. Anyway, I thought it was interesting that he said that Hondas don't need a harmonic balancer, but above a certain RPM level, one is needed. Now, why is that??!!?!?

</font>
Do you mean a certain HP level? or RPM level?

·
Premium Member
7,514 Posts
Man, its really starting to hit the fan. People like Billy and me have been against these things and can tell you why they dont work, and now the marketing genious of UO is contradicting himself... Its halarious!!! Just another example of the typical marketing mindset (those of you who work as engineers or similar that have to deal with marketing at work know what Im talking about).

------------------
If you only knew the power of the Lude...
'98 Red Base Prelude
"Straights are for fast cars. Turns are for fast drivers." - SCCA Solo2
AEM CAI, APEX-i VAFC, Neuspeed Ft Up Strut Bar, 28 mm Neuspeed RR Sway Bar, Neuspeed Sport Springs, Koni Yellows, and SH RR Deck installed. Shock knock cure done. Installing Quaife ATB Differential.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts