Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Been browsing the forums for a few days trying to find a solution to my problem.
Parked my 5th gen for a few months while winter **** on us. No I have problems starting her up again. She cranks and feels like it wants to turn over on initial crank but doesn't have enough to start.

Things I have checked/tried:
Battery is reading 12.5
Getting spark
Getting fuel
Fuel pump primes
Can hear main relay click

Not sure what to check next. It ran before it was parked although it ran like **** (was getting stuttering while driving, no acceleration unless throttle was pressed 75-80%). Have aftermarket intake and aftermarket headers/exhaust.

Anyone have time to help me troubleshoot?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My pops got it to start somehow by just pushing the throttle full open and close repeatedly while starting it. It runs now but hesitates. If I try to speed match in gear it slugs until like 75-80% throttle then it kinda breaks through and accelerates. Weirdest thing I've ever seen. If I shut the car off and start it again the problem seems to go away and comes back as it pleases.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2000 prelude crank but no start?

I've just got myself a bb6 and sounds like I have the exact same problems your having. The car cranks but will not start at all. originally it was starting every now and again but running like crap! revs up and down and wanting to shut off if you didn't feather the throttle. I've done much the same as you have as well as cleaning out/checking all the vacuum hoses and sensors to do with the intake. Just replaced the ignition coil and still no love... I have spark and fuel so I'm leaning towards something air or computer related? Have you got any further with yours? Or does anyone have any advise? I've spent hours reading forums and watching different diagnosis videos and getting no-where! Would love some help!!! Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2000 prelude crank but no start?

I've just got myself a bb6 and sounds like I have the exact same problems your having. The car cranks but will not start at all. originally it was starting every now and again but running like crap! revs up and down and wanting to shut off if you didn't feather the throttle. I've done much the same as you have as well as cleaning out/checking all the vacuum hoses and sensors to do with the intake. Just replaced the ignition coil and still no love... I have spark and fuel so I'm leaning towards something air or computer related? Have you got any further with yours? Or does anyone have any advise? I've spent hours reading forums and watching different diagnosis videos and getting no-where! Would love some help!!! Thanks.
I have same problem did u find out what was wrong ???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts