1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Official PO.com Fob
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
974 Posts
my friend has a rubber hook that works pretty well...doesnt extend that far out but seems to work as good as the one i have which is even longer...i dont get why.. lol

but yeah hoods are really good for saving hassles in photoshop

·
BB6: 5/15/98 - 8/21/09
2,661 Posts
I have several UV and CPs that I'll be putting up for sale when I get home (Saturday). IIRC, the sizes are 67mm. All you'd need is a adapter ring (~$5). They are Hoya and Promaster and served me well.

·
2,661 Posts
obrigado said:
lens hoods are generally useless.
Gonna have to disagree with you on that. The contrast and color improves with many shots by using a lens hood. Shoot with the sun behind you and they aren't as useful. Shoot within 90 degrees of the sun and you'll see benefits.

·
Official PO.com Fob
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ludikris said:
I have several UV and CPs that I'll be putting up for sale when I get home (Saturday). IIRC, the sizes are 67mm. All you'd need is a adapter ring (~$5). They are Hoya and Promaster and served me well.
ooooo...whre can i get the adapter rings?

·
2,661 Posts
ludikris said:
I've got:

Tiffen 67mm Circular Polarizer
Tiffen 67mm UV Protector
Hoya 67mm UV (0)
??? 62mm to 67 mm step-up ring.

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
It's a cokin 58mm. I picked it up at Best Buy earlier this spring for about $35. It does a decent job.

The other disadvantage to using a step down ring is if you to decide to shoot with a lens hood while you are using a CP, the lens hood will not fit over the ring. Just think about what your applications will be and you can decide which is better for you.

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
ludikris said:
Gonna have to disagree with you on that. The contrast and color improves with many shots by using a lens hood. Shoot with the sun behind you and they aren't as useful. Shoot within 90 degrees of the sun and you'll see benefits.
definitely depends a LOT on the lens. on some lenses it really does make no difference unless the sun is directly striking the front element.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts