Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
JDM F22 > USDM H23
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can i put a h22 head on my jdm F22b? i know you can do it to a h23 and just slap on the head but how about the f22b? anyone know?

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Check out Schwett's thread about this same type of info...and no, the H23 head won't just slap on, machine work needs to be done.

J

·
JDM F22 > USDM H23
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no no i wanted to ask if the h22 head would fit the F22b. they both are 2.2L dohc. i mean i know i would need to do some machine work but would it be cost worthy? and what kind of power should i get form a swap like that

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
The H22 head has been put on the H23 block, so the H22 head, should fit on the F22b block as well.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I was under the impression that the f22b was basically the same thing as the h23a with slightly less displacement and torque...

But thats talking about the dohc non-vtec f22b that is... not the sohc vtec.. interestingly, both 160hp.

·
JDM F22 > USDM H23
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hhhmmmmm i might sell my old h23 motor and by a h22 head and see what i can do. i think i would be the first person to ever do this swap if i do do it..........

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
OSOFAST10 said:
hhhmmmmm i might sell my old h23 motor and by a h22 head and see what i can do. i think i would be the first person to ever do this swap if i do do it..........
Benefits?

J

·
Registered
298 Posts
To be unique!

Thats what im guessing... sort of like when I wanted to get the jdm h23a vtec.

Good luck with the swap if you ever do it.

·
JDM F22 > USDM H23
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well i do want to be unique, but if being unique gives me no real power then being unique is not something i want. the reason i ask the question is cause so many people get so much power out of h23-vtec that i though and still do think that i can get the same power out of a f22B-vtec. i guess if anyone knows the answer feel free to let me know if this is even worth a try. thanks :D

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
If you want to be truly unique, put a B18C engine into your car, and call it a day...you'll still be JDM, and very unique.

J

·
Registered
298 Posts
SLICK96 said:
If you want to be truly unique, put a B18C engine into your car, and call it a day...you'll still be JDM, and very unique.

J
But..but...

He'll be torqueless! :laugh:

·
JDM F22 > USDM H23
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
all joking aside ... could a type-r motor fit in the lude and if so how would it run? givin i would have no torque but how fast could i be?

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
I don't know man, that was just a joke (I'm a BIG [email protected]$$). I think somebody SERIOUSLY asked this question a few months ago, and got flamed. You'd go nowhere fast. Those motors work well for little, lightweight cars, but for our Honda land-yachts, they wouldn't pull the load too well.

J

1 - 16 of 16 Posts