Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
what he said no point in molding it - i have the same setup i paid $200 for the lip and $400 for the sides and rear and i paid $600 for paint and install. so about $1200. i think it is the cleanest look for the 5th gen.

Al
2001 Lude

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh really? Okay I had no idea abuot the whole molding thing I had just heard that it was a good thing to do, etc.

Never really thought abuot it other than that.

The place I talked to quoted me right about $500 for paint and then $150 or whatever for install. That just seems an awful lot for a paint job.

I have heard that a full Maaco job can be excellent.

·
Premium Member
8,271 Posts
^^ MAACO paint jobs are cheap cuz they look like ass :nono: honestly, the cheapest paint job is not always the best thing. sure, it's great to get it painted cheap, but I wish that I would've spend the extra 50-100 dollars an had someone else paint it....it would've looked better. mine wasn't a perfect match :( but it's close enough....most people think that it looks perfect, but you know how it is.....the owner can always tell the difference ;)

actually....I wish that armen told me earlier that I could've had WW paint my kit the same time they painted my spoiler....it would've been factory perfect and wouldn't've costed much more :(

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
For God's sake, dont go with cheap paint. I too had a bit of mismatched paint. It wasnt bad, but you can just tell when you own it. I'm getting my new sideskirts painted at honda. I guess it will be pretty expensive, but I just want it perfect!

·
Drives a used Dodge
24,594 Posts
I dont like molded kits personally, more body lines makes it sharper looking. Unmolded makes your kit look more like pieces added on instead of one big piece

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.