Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What should I be looking to pay in terms of getting my kit painted (a good job, perfect match) and molded?

I have heard that a molded bodykit looks FAR better than a bolted kit.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I dont think there is a point in molding the OEM front or mugen sides and rear...

maybe if you were getting a whole new bumper, but not a lip alone..

just my two cents

·
Registered
125 Posts
what he said no point in molding it - i have the same setup i paid $200 for the lip and $400 for the sides and rear and i paid $600 for paint and install. so about $1200. i think it is the cleanest look for the 5th gen.

Al
2001 Lude

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh really? Okay I had no idea abuot the whole molding thing I had just heard that it was a good thing to do, etc.

Never really thought abuot it other than that.

The place I talked to quoted me right about $500 for paint and then $150 or whatever for install. That just seems an awful lot for a paint job.

I have heard that a full Maaco job can be excellent.

·
Registered
377 Posts
My paint job didnt' come out as nice as I would like. You can see patches. But not always noticeable...but for that price it's ok with me. It's not too bad.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
As far as I have heard, maaco does an awful job at painting..
They do half a55 prep work on the car, and then just paint it

Someone here must have had an experience with them though

·
Premium Member
4,089 Posts
^^ MAACO paint jobs are cheap cuz they look like ass :nono: honestly, the cheapest paint job is not always the best thing. sure, it's great to get it painted cheap, but I wish that I would've spend the extra 50-100 dollars an had someone else paint it....it would've looked better. mine wasn't a perfect match :( but it's close enough....most people think that it looks perfect, but you know how it is.....the owner can always tell the difference ;)

actually....I wish that armen told me earlier that I could've had WW paint my kit the same time they painted my spoiler....it would've been factory perfect and wouldn't've costed much more :(

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
For God's sake, dont go with cheap paint. I too had a bit of mismatched paint. It wasnt bad, but you can just tell when you own it. I'm getting my new sideskirts painted at honda. I guess it will be pretty expensive, but I just want it perfect!

·
Drives a used Dodge
7,733 Posts
I dont like molded kits personally, more body lines makes it sharper looking. Unmolded makes your kit look more like pieces added on instead of one big piece

1 - 16 of 16 Posts