Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
B cuz I got it like that.
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So glad I live in the country, next to a lake.
So glad I am back in the USA.

Terrified that if it gets crazy.. these dumb racist ****s around here might be looking at my asian wife all fish-eye and ****.
I guess if they burn down the chinawok down the street - I know its officially SHTF time.

·
Locksley and Bagale?
287 Posts
I don't think that I'd call it a nothing burger. It might be more of a penicillin pizza. The fact of the matter is that many people, myself included, are fearful of the information that China has NOT released. There have also been multiple posts on Tencent regarding official numbers concerning infected, dead, and recovered people that are many times larger in magnitude than official State numbers. Combine that with the fact that China has, to my knowledge, not arrested people for catching influenza or SARS, not sprayed the streets for influenza or SARS, not quarantined cities larger than NYC for influenza or SARS, and it has the making of downplay/conspiracy. Again, few cases here in the USA, and even those were apparently folks who visited mainland China -- there is nothing close to an outbreak recorded here -- yet. For the time being, I'm not too worried. But I am thinking twice about close-quarters travel such as on aircraft, at least for the immediate future.

One of my colleagues is currently in China. He left to celebrate the Chinese New Year about a month ago. His return flight was supposed to arrive this coming Tuesday. From what we now know, he isn't expected to make it back to the States until sometime in April at the earliest. He's been living and working in the USA for over twenty years but I can't speak to his citizenship (I bring that up due to the recent Federal policies concerning ports of entry for foreign nationals who have visited China).

Last I heard, this virus has also made its way over to Japan. In any event, my wife and I went out for sushi last night and it was delicious. Anyone racist enough to associate all Asians with the virus is obviously a moron.

·
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well said Dan1028. There were rumors that it was a foiled plan to attack Taiwan with a Bioweapon. I have absolutely no legit sources for that - so put it in the conspiracy filing cabinet. Philippines, was the most truthful so far - saying that if it was there they have no way of controlling it. India has a few cases... and how dirty it is with human feces already on the streets and how crowded it is there... I think the numbers are going to skyrocket. I really hope that is contained, and its just more rumors. I love and hate the internet, too many unreliable sources or hidden agendas.

·
Nuke'em til they glow!
1,740 Posts
The coronavirus has a 2% mortality rate... interesting to note that it’s the same general virus that causes SARS.

·
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
China keeps manipulating the actual numbers... 6 times they have given varying degrees of mortality, open cases, etc. I trust Taiwan's numbers ... though theirs is just as close as a guess.

·
Locksley and Bagale?
287 Posts
Maryland closed all public schools, gatherings over 200 people, cruise ship ports, etc. yesterday for at least two weeks. I'm going to double-down on penicillin pizza. This had become a pretty huge deal.

·
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea. we got a State of Emergency in South Carolina - about 19 cases some with no direct connection to international travel.. and these places are semi rural.

Costco was mad stupid.. but that was a Friday I made the mistake of coming close to that place - just for gas.
I prepped a little about 4 weeks ago... mostly dollar tree stuff.. and got toilet paper delivered to the house.

Other than that.. it's life as usual. My wife now has to teach her class online via blackboard. USC extended spring break another week.

People give us weird looks every now and then - if your new here and reading this, she is from Taiwan.

We watched two asian guys load up their car at the grocery store.. they were kinda laughing about it... though they did pack a bunch of water in their Jeep.

I dunno, we aint that social.. and my neighbor isnt that close to us. So life goes on. Avoiding people and going hiking on the weekend. My main concern is my parents - who are old. They canceled a planned St. Pats party they were organizing for their club member friends... mostly old people.
I installed CDC app. I figure that would be a good info page.. besides the media hype.

·
Chevy 350 swapped Prelude
3,153 Posts
CA followed suit, no gatherings above 50 people(must have at least 2 LGBT and at least 40% female and no less than 10% AfricanAmerican........you know, CA loves that PC diversity stuff), I gues San Fran actually has an Order to stay inside,most other places are simply under "Direction"(advised, not ordered).
I wonder when grocers will be stocked normally, people keep panic buying. I'm also a little worried for my 60's parents and last grandparent.

I am an "essential" gov't employee, I do not see being furloughed as a viable option; they're going to work us through the end and that's ok with me. I just wonder hat's gonna happen if **** hits the fan and 15-20 of us(out of lets say 70-90) end up out sick....??? Whatever.

I'm a little worried but not stressed. I have TP for another 3-4 weeks. Basic foods for same amount of time. I typically drink tap water(unless that bastard scarecrow hits us with that psycho water again).

·
Administrator
13,749 Posts
With California essentially shutting down, how are you guys faring? My company has stuff constantly changing, our showrooms in flux. I'm helping scramble with some aspects of marketing I'm not fully comfortable with, but gotta do what is necessary. My wife's business (cake pop bakery) is suffering, trying to help her there with driving up pickup/delivery options. Alot of her corporate orders have cancelled or have postponed.

·
3,153 Posts
Well our gov put out an Order a few days back, so now people are actually ordered to stay in unless completely necessary. It's actually quiet funny watching LITERALLY EVERYONE out and about doing professional work. The plumbers, construction workers, gov't workers, are all just working. It's just funny when you realize all the companies are still working.......

in other words the only people that are staying home and staying put are the people who have nothing else better to do anyways.

And all of the rest of society--plumbers, roofers, electricians, gov't, mechanics--are all like........"eyyy whats thats guys all doin'???"

·
Administrator
13,749 Posts
They're doing a stay at home for St. Louis city and county on Monday. So far, St. Charles county (where I live) isn't following suit. My wife's bakery, though might be considered non-essential, provides hundreds of pops to a local hospital at least twice/week (cake pop bouquets for new moms, so because of that, makes her business essential. :)

·
12,807 Posts
My industry is COMPLETELY dead. Entertainment and Film as a whole... concert, tv, movies, etc. The only people working are those tied with news broadcasting.

We had 6 jobs running. (Family Feud 22, Card Sharks 2, Supermarket Sweep, Mental Samurai 2, Fool Us 7, Holey Moley 2). Fool Us in Vegas was able to wrap up in time (yes, I had to travel to vegas amid COVID19 concerns. But let me tell you, everyone took the "stay at home" order as a reason to go to vegas on vacation. I've never seen it so packed!!) The former 4 other shows shut down quite abruptly once audience numbers were limited. Holey Moley 2 tried to push on because we were filming international segments and they were paying a huge overseas production to be here. Australia was up at bat, but the show, being outdoors, got decimated by the rain we've had all month. Long story short, 2 generators blew because there was a river running through the set, which took out the GFI system. After that it was deemed unsafe to continue, so they went on haitus for 2 days to fix the GFI. It was stupid to choose to shoot in the rain though, but these decisions are above my pay level. The day we were suppose to go back to film, we got our first COVID scare. 4 of the Australian contestants became sick. The network then decided the potential lawsuit wasn't worth it and shut production down. 5 days later after testing, the 4 were confirmed positive. Oddly, they were all put on planes and flown home to Australia prior to getting test results. Dumb choices like this make you wonder why this virus is spreading... feel bad for the rest of the passengers on that plane. Luckily no crew members reported illness. A segment producer came down with flu symptoms but got tested and was luckily negative... probably from being soaked in the rain.

So anyways, I feel like we're at the mercy of all the retards that aren't taking this seriously or can't comprehend what is happening. A lot of people on my social feed are going to the beach, going on hikes, having bbqs at the park, gathering for boardgame night. This isn't going to be a single lockdown. We're going to go in and out of lockdown for the foreseeable future as case numbers rise and fall until a vaccine is produced.

Good luck everybody.

Edit: Picture of Holey Moley for fun

·
Administrator
13,749 Posts
^^^I was curious how things were going with you, esp. since much of your work is in the entertainment industry. Fortunately for you the virus didn't affect you. Stay safe out there!

·
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
450 cases now, I think about 30 deaths - mostly elderly.

The state capital - Columbia now has a shelter in place activated.. for others its essential businesses and other light activities.

We also have a statewide 'No more than 3 people' gathered together.. its now criminal offense.. with allot of leeway on the officers part on who needs to disperse. So now the kids are hanging out in the walmart parking lots.

Going to grocery store is now a game of "everyone is lava" where I am in a dance of either dodging people, stepping way back, acting like I need space because of an important message on my phone.
There is Plexiglas up now at the checkouts.

I found a honey hole for groceries if needed that was fully stocked. Our freezer is full of food now.
Hiking, our main hobby... holy ****.. a family of idiots were playing on a bridge that was a chokepoint for the trail ( not a serious hike, a local place.) we pretended to take selfies for 5 solid minutes nearby hoping they would get the drift and [email protected] off... but no.. they all kept doing their thing.

So we went back the way we came.
My neighbors had a party a few days ago.. I mean we heard the noise. We were not nosy neighbors.
South Carolina got some relief from the pollen with some much needed rain.

If you wanted to buy a gun - you should have done that 2 months ago. Gun stores are now closed - except for online sales with over 22 day wait periods to ship, you get an email when to come pick up your gear. All popular ammo is gone.
many arguments over gun stores not being considered essential business.
Other gun stores are strictly for military and police only now.

Unemployment was 30,000 applications rise in one day.

·
Administrator
13,749 Posts
How's everything going with everyone today?

·
3,153 Posts
Things are well, so far. MY job is normal as ever, albeit a little harder since people are still buying tons of stuff. It's essentially rained for 2-3 days and I'm tired of it.
Hows the prelude, James? ;)

·
Administrator
13,749 Posts
Gathering dust in the garage. ;) The Stinger is getting the love at the moment with some mods, but only because I have some time now to work on it. If the stay-at-home goes for another month (or more), I might finally have some time to wrench on the 'Lude.

My job is busy, projects for our company's website and mobile app is still chugging along. My wife's business, after an intial slowdown when the stay-at-home order went into effect in our area, has gone way up when people realized they can pick up, have delivered, or ship cake pops all over the country. With Easter also coming up, she's had to turn down some orders because she just doesn't have time to get them out. So, for a small business, it's a good problem for her to have.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts