Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
B cuz I got it like that.
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So glad I live in the country, next to a lake.
So glad I am back in the USA.

Terrified that if it gets crazy.. these dumb racist ****s around here might be looking at my asian wife all fish-eye and ****.
I guess if they burn down the chinawok down the street - I know its officially SHTF time.

·
Locksley and Bagale?
286 Posts
I don't think that I'd call it a nothing burger. It might be more of a penicillin pizza. The fact of the matter is that many people, myself included, are fearful of the information that China has NOT released. There have also been multiple posts on Tencent regarding official numbers concerning infected, dead, and recovered people that are many times larger in magnitude than official State numbers. Combine that with the fact that China has, to my knowledge, not arrested people for catching influenza or SARS, not sprayed the streets for influenza or SARS, not quarantined cities larger than NYC for influenza or SARS, and it has the making of downplay/conspiracy. Again, few cases here in the USA, and even those were apparently folks who visited mainland China -- there is nothing close to an outbreak recorded here -- yet. For the time being, I'm not too worried. But I am thinking twice about close-quarters travel such as on aircraft, at least for the immediate future.

One of my colleagues is currently in China. He left to celebrate the Chinese New Year about a month ago. His return flight was supposed to arrive this coming Tuesday. From what we now know, he isn't expected to make it back to the States until sometime in April at the earliest. He's been living and working in the USA for over twenty years but I can't speak to his citizenship (I bring that up due to the recent Federal policies concerning ports of entry for foreign nationals who have visited China).

Last I heard, this virus has also made its way over to Japan. In any event, my wife and I went out for sushi last night and it was delicious. Anyone racist enough to associate all Asians with the virus is obviously a moron.

·
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well said Dan1028. There were rumors that it was a foiled plan to attack Taiwan with a Bioweapon. I have absolutely no legit sources for that - so put it in the conspiracy filing cabinet. Philippines, was the most truthful so far - saying that if it was there they have no way of controlling it. India has a few cases... and how dirty it is with human feces already on the streets and how crowded it is there... I think the numbers are going to skyrocket. I really hope that is contained, and its just more rumors. I love and hate the internet, too many unreliable sources or hidden agendas.

·
Nuke'em til they glow!
1,740 Posts
The coronavirus has a 2% mortality rate... interesting to note that it’s the same general virus that causes SARS.

·
2,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
China keeps manipulating the actual numbers... 6 times they have given varying degrees of mortality, open cases, etc. I trust Taiwan's numbers ... though theirs is just as close as a guess.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts