Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after doing a head gasket and timing belt replacement to the 01 lude I just bought I'm leaking coolant from under the distributor to the left a bit. It's a metal unit that slides onto another metal unit with a gasket/o ring on it which then goes into the head. It's leaking from the connection point between the two, it's dripping from there onto a black hose right underneath it. Would it be a gasket/o ring if so I can't find an oem part for it or what that unit is called. Tried filling the space with gasket maker solved the leak but still leaking very slowly enough to drain my coolant over night. Any help would be greatly appreciated if someone knows if it's the gasket and what that unit is called!

Thanks,
Melz

·
Registered
109 Posts
So after doing a head gasket and timing belt replacement to the 01 lude I just bought I'm leaking coolant from under the distributor to the left a bit. It's a metal unit that slides onto another metal unit with a gasket/o ring on it which then goes into the head. It's leaking from the connection point between the two, it's dripping from there onto a black hose right underneath it. Would it be a gasket/o ring if so I can't find an oem part for it or what that unit is called. Tried filling the space with gasket maker solved the leak but still leaking very slowly enough to drain my coolant over night. Any help would be greatly appreciated if someone knows if it's the gasket and what that unit is called!

Thanks,
Melz
Do you have a picture? That would be helpful.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts