Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's just so much controversy over GUDE = sucky work, Bullfrog and JG for Head work, cams, etc. Does anyone have a tried and true setup for what they think works good for a NA build on the H23? I mean what have people experience FIRST HAND from Gude, Bullfrog, or JG? What do people think with buildups of their H23A1 engines? have you dynoed 'em ?? Let me know (i'm sure others would love to find this out) as well. I know this question may have been asked a few times, but never answreed though. ...

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Gude and Bullfrog are the same company. My friend has Gude cams and ecu and he likes them very much. Faster then my lude. We both have h23's w/ i/h/e. He has msd 6 though. He pulss very hard on me at high speeds, 100+. Takes me on the bottom end too, but not as bad as on top. His car walks away at high speed. I'm sending some cams out to web cam pretty soon. Gude is cool in my book though.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I'd also like some info on h23 buildups. Basically, who make good headpackages. What works, what doesnt. What kind of gains? 1/4? dynosheet?

Stuff im considering, which input would be great on...
light Flywheel
Cams
Other headwork (port/polish, valve componenets, etc.)
Shaved head
high compression head gasket

cost figures would also be helpful... I think im in the same boat as you, AlexLude.

Thanks, Jordan

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Word ... yeah jordan.. i feel ya on this..

I don't realy wanna go FI, cuz for one, it's mad crazy money with rebuilding the bottom end and redoing internals (if you want your engine to last more than a year) and i feel more stable if you build up the stock engine to be NA. i think if i do anything, i'm gonna go N/A. and then save for the 2003 S4 -- M3 (E46) killer!!

;)

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Im not gonna go turbo cause:
1) Im just a broke college student
2) I'd rather buy a 300zx BPU for the same money and smoke every turbo lude that messes with me;)

Now, the option is (for a potential project car)...
Spend $2000 on an h23 with i/h/e, then put $1500 in it.
Or
Spend $3500 on an h22 with i/h/e

I think the h23 is the best turbo motor, and the h22 is the best n/a motor for a full blown setup. since I would be satisfied with around 175 whp, the h22's potential is obsolete (since I wont be putting much more $ into the engine after this), so it comes down to h22 stock vs h23 with $1500 worth of headwork and accesories (pulleys, flywheel, etc).

-jordan

·
Registered
1 Posts
There's just so much controversy over GUDE = sucky work, Bullfrog and JG for Head work, cams, etc. Does anyone have a tried and true setup for what they think works good for a NA build on the H23? I mean what have people experience FIRST HAND from Gude, Bullfrog, or JG? What do people think with buildups of their H23A1 engines? have you dynoed 'em ?? Let me know (i'm sure others would love to find this out) as well. I know this question may have been asked a few times, but never answreed though. ...
What’s the website? I race at a race track and I’m being out motored by built cavilers. I’m trying to get info on what to do to my h23a1 (my track don’t allow vtec) I tried to google bullfrog but didn’t come up with any info. If you could tell me what the website is, i appreciate it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts