Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car has been dropped down for a while now with tein basic dampers and i also bought the control arm mounts to adjust camber as well as the ball joint type for the rear for further adjustment and meagan racing rear toe links. my problem is that ever since i did all this the front driver control arm seems to be hitting the inside of the fender well when i turn. i was looking at random threads and noticed on one where someone was restoring their 5th gen that their control arms seemed to be hitting as well (noticed slight damage to the ends of them). has anyone here got any sort of solution to stop this?

i was thinking about just taking a hammer and whacking the inside of the well a few times to dent it so that it clears. i also notice that the control arms hang up on the plastic guards in the well so im guessing i can just take those out without a problem. any input?

·
Unregistered User
4,287 Posts
The only solution is to back off the camber correction till it clears the fender or cut the inner fender out. As for the splash guard you can just trim a little bit of it away.What are your camber specs right now? It doesn't have to be zero'd out.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
since im no autocrosser or anything like that i had it set to neutral camber and toe so that i wouldnt eat through tires like crazy like i was before i had it done. ill probably just modify the inner fender well, i just didnt know if that would cause any sort of problem, like anything being in there that shouldnt get wet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts