Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ppl,

I need some help/advice. My rightside(what a surprise)
headlights have little bubbles building up inside the housing, is there any way to fix it B4 bringing it to the dealer to get the damm thing replaced?
I was thinking about sticking a blow dryer in there to see, but I figure I better ask first.

Also, if I bring it to the dealer, is there any way to tell they actually replaced the whole assembly rather than some fix-it job?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
yes, i had the same thing happen with my left rear tailight...it was replaced under the factory warranty. Just bring it in.

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thx for the replies ppl

DKA- did the dealer give u any hassle about it or they just changed it, no Q's asked?

I dunno if my constant replacing of headlights had anything to do w/the leak?

I did make sure to seal up the hole w/the rubber cover everytime though.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by EBP Lude:
Thx for the replies ppl

DKA- did the dealer give u any hassle about it or they just changed it, no Q's asked?

I dunno if my constant replacing of headlights had anything to do w/the leak?

I did make sure to seal up the hole w/the rubber cover everytime though.
</font>
no, they can't really hassle you since it is specifically covered by the factory warranty. Just play dumb and you will be fine.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I think the dealer will just replace it than doing some "fix it job" because it probably costs them less to just replace it than to try and find a way to fix it.

They shouldn't hassle you, I had my radio replaced which is not the same thing I know but there were no questions no anything, they just replaced it with a new one.

------------------
SlntSam

2000 Base, Sebring Silver
Member - Toronto Prelude Club

"The General" :)

·
Registered
828 Posts
WEll here may be the simple solution? Make sure the rubber bulb cover has the two little drainage things pointing down. they get rid of condensation. when you look at it it says top and bottom. Give that a try.

------------------
----99 Prelude----
NTPOG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts