Honda Prelude Online banner

Computer trouble

976 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  brod_preludesh 
#1 ·
The problem being, every time I turn off the key, the computer is wiped clean. Can't get an inspection sticker.

#4 ·
Stingermm do you have an OBD2 scan tool that tells you the status of the Emissions Readiness? See image for the scan tool I have. The emissions readiness lights are red (meaning there is a code that needs to be fixed), yellow (the ECU has been reset), and green (ready for emissions). If you have a code and reset the ECU and plug in the OBD2 scan tool the light will be in yellow. What you need to do is drive the car for approximately 50 miles for the light to jump to green (that's assuming you fixed the code). One time I had a codes for my upstream and downstream oxygen sensors and I replace them and cleared the code then drove my Prelude for over 500 miles and the light was still yellow. Eventually it turned red and it threw a code for the catalytic converter. I replaced the catalytic converter and drove the Prelude and this time within 50 miles the light turned green. Took the car to get smogged and passed. Some Smog places will plug their OBD2 scan tool and make sure that the emissions readiness is green before proceeding with the smog test because if it is yellow they will fail you and they don't want to waste their time. Hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.