Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi!
i'm about to get TEIN HA..
i've tried them on the car of a friend today..

and i'm wondering..for around the same price of the TEIN HA ..without pillowballs..

what can i get in the custom stuff ??

i know that some of u are into custom designed suspension..
what ot look for?

i want handling performance

what i liked about the TEIN is the option to set it on smooth and/height adjustability for road/ race...

tanx..

need names too look for too..

G

·
Well, you won't find any suspension that will give you a comfortable ride on the street, but be stiff enough for the track, unless you plan to swap springs each time.

As for custom stuff, you don't have many options at that price level.

My setup runs about as much as a set of Teins; APS Konis revalved for race, and shortened to match the Eibach ERS springs, then GC coilovers with high spring rates. I also have custom aluminum front spring isolators, but I still have stock spring caps.

If you have a much higher budget, you could go with:

Advance Design dampers, $400 each without springs, but they will require some custom machining to fit, though. Also, it's best if you went with custom upper mounts, which will cost more.

Other than that, you could look at Koni (race dampers), Moton, Penske, JRZ, and Carrera. Damper prices range from $1k each, to $1800 each!! Again, custom machining and upper mounts will be needed. Same for springs, although Eibach ERS springs are relatively cheap; $55 - $65 each.

Again, race equipment is usually MUCH too harsh for the street (and dangerous). Also, most racing dampers need to be rebuilt frequently (every season), and some companies make end user rebuildable dampers (Penske, Advance Design, Moton, JRZ, Koni race dampers).

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

G

·
Don't forget, dampers and springs are only part of the equation. You also need to consider sway bars, bushings, strut bars, etc.

------------------
Billy
www.ntpog.org

G

·
Currently (or not currently, as the car is STILL up on jackstands...) 650 front and 450 rear. Thinking of going to 700 (maybe 750) front and 550 rear, since it will be a dedicated track car.

Tein HAs (or whichever the expensive one is) run somewhere around 650 front and 450 rear (give or take a few lb/in).

------------------
Billy
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that's what i thought..

most of the good shocks company have high price for good custom need shocks..
+ they aren't relaly streetable if u want performance..

like TEIN..could get customs HT shocks from them..but it runs for like 1K$ each corner..
+ need to fit with their pillowballs..another 500$ ..+ need springs..
neway.

nah all theese stups end up beeing only for race..

that's why i was considering tein HA in the first place..

cause it can be tunned easily and quiclky for race..
then can up the car and smoothen the damp for street ride..

and simple eibach/adjs koni setup doesn't perform enough for what i need.

ok tanx billy ( since u're the only one that answered here ;p eheh )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts